You camp right on the beach so you must have a 4×4 RV. I’ve been wanting to explore D.C. with my boys, I’d love to go in Spring and catch the cherry blossoms. The park includes 28 full hookup sites for RVs, a park store and two bathing huts. Hi Donald, You can, however, have a grill. It’s an attractive and secluded beach next to a classic old beach town with a mile and a half of prime beach camping spots facing the Atlantic. For 44 years, the Wehr family has been welcoming guests to Bear Run Campground in the heart of western Pennsylvania. There is a lot to do in the area, such as hiking, shopping, and sightseeing. This is a great place for families and small children to enjoy the water. Some sites can accommodate RVs up to 40 feet long. Camp Hatteras RV Resort offers ocean and sound-front sites on North Carolina’s Outer Banks. Reservations are taken for most sites and needed, but some are first come only. A short drive from Richmond and featuring swimming pools and campgrounds, the largest state park in Virginia definitely won't disappoint. Rebecca is a mom of three energetic young boys and wife of a lobsterman living in her favorite place, the coast of Maine. Cherry Hill Park is the closest RV park and campground to Washington D.C. and offers shuttle service to the Metro and lot’s of great onsite amenities like a pool and splash pad, mini golf, arcade, workout room, camp store, restaurant on property and much more. Pine Grove Furnace State Park (Pennsylvania) Located at the northern part of the Blue Ridge Mountains, this is one of the best places to go camping in Pennsylvania. Whether you like to pitch your own tent or get a good night’s sleep in an air-conditioned cabin, check out these 10 great family campgrounds. You can go for a refreshing walk on the beach, check out their new water park, play the nearby par 72 Prestwick Golf Course, or grab a bite to eat at one of the many local restaurants. Don’t forget to visit the historic lighthouse and climb 130 feet to the top, to take in a sweeping view of the shoreline below. Also, be sure to visit Betty and Nicks Bait and Tackle. Don’t forget to climb to the top of the historic Hunting Island Lighthouse. All Rights Reserved. The campground is well maintained with full-service grassy sites, clean restrooms, nice owners, and considerate campers. Wherever you pitch your tent you’re only a short journey away from thrilling theme parks, zoos and wildlife experiences.. Designated camping spots are located along the dunes but camping is allowed anywhere on the beach (just mind the high tide line). You will find DIY's, recipes, travel content, toy reviews and more! Assateague Island National Seashore offers 158 campsites along a gorgeous 20-mile stretch of ocean and along the bay. With over 40,000 acres to explore, it is a sort of camping oasis on the east coast. The beach is dog-friendly, with miles of beach to enjoy. For that, you would need a 4×4 RV, and not everyone has one of those. With 310 oceanfront acres, you can be sure Ocean Lakes’ size doesn’t compromise its quality. Some are located on the side of Pamlico Sound and others next to the Atlantic Ocean. We’ve put together a list of some great camping spots along the East Coast. Campsites are very large in a grassy area and although the sites are not right on the beach there is a nice sandy path to the beach. Carolina Beach is a long and broad beach in North Carolina, just south of Wrightsville Beach and Wilmington. With spaces for both tents and RVs, Hither Hills is a great place to enjoy the beach for a day or two of quiet, classic American seashore. If you like camping right on the beach then Freeman Park at Carolina Beach is a great spot. Part of the Ninigret Conservation Area, the 20-site RV campground has not just a beautiful beach but also hiking trails and terrific opportunities for bird-watching. But if you love serenity, sunbathing, surf fishing and fires on the beach at night, this beautiful beach may make you want to convert your RV to a 4×4! Located in Tierra Verde, Florida which is off of St. Petersburg, Fort De Soto is a county park that has so much to offer. This family-friendly vacation spot is located in Key West, Florida, and provides a tropical camp setting for tent or RV camping. The beach extends for a mile and a half to the north so there are usually plenty of camping spots available, but be sure to get there early in the day in the summer as it can get crowded on certain weekends. With miles of beachfront, walking trails to explore, wildlife to observe, a pool to enjoy, and peaceful sites to relax at, I know my family will love this. Are you looking for the best camping Gold Coast spots to pitch a tent or hire a cabin for your family?. Stay on a site near the sound, rather than the ocean. The campground is centrally located and close to restaurants, the pier, and site-seeing attractions. Camping at Bear Run Campground - Portersville, Pennsylvania. Park your RV in the shade of wind-sculpted trees, with a view of the ocean. They’re located along paved roads and most have concrete pads. The newly renovated campground offers water, 50 and 100 amp electric hook-ups, new fire rings and picnic tables, a new one-way vehicle circulation pattern, camp store, laundry facility, pull through sites, walk-in tent sites, play area, additional dump stations, a renovated registration booth and expanded overflow parking area. You must have 4 wheel drive to drive onto the beach and there is no camping. On the National Seashore, you can have a campfire on the beach, and pets are allowed on a leash in the non-lifeguard area. Topsail Hill Preserve in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida comes highly reccomended. If your family is like ours and loves to be outside and enjoys time away from the crowds, Fort Wilderness in my opinion is the best way to experience Disney World. Restaurants on the island are not overly pricey considering you are actually on an island. Stop there for some awesome steaks to grill. We enjoyed exploring the property via golf cart, playing in the pool and splash pad, evenings at the campfire and sing along with Chip & Dale, taking the boat to Magic Kingdom and other resorts, and my husband and my oldest went bass fishing in Seven Seas Lagoon. Now a campground with a waterpark, Ocean Lakes Family Campground opened an onsite waterpark in the … I am Jenna, welcome to Savvy Sassy Moms! You’ll actually get a view of the water and sunsets. Set in the woods, yet on along beautiful Maine coastline, Sandy Pines is close to sandy beaches and also full of amenities like a heated saltwater pool, playground, kids craft tent, lawn games, general store, snack bar and more. Tripleblaze ranked Fort Mountain State Park as the most popular campground in Georgia. If you want the ultimate way to travel and experience true freedom, you need take an East Coast RV trip!. Do you know of an RV beach campground that we should add to the article? July 14, 2016The Outbound Collective + Save to a List. If you’ve been to any of them, let us know what you think in the comments. Sandy Pines is also still a fairly new camping resort and known for being pristinely clean and well maintained. Cape Discover the beauty and diversity of Cape Henlopen coastal environment encompassing ocean and bay beaches, maritime forests, and tidal salt marshes. You can rent kayaks and paddleboards here. Dr. Beach chose it as the number one beach in the nation in 2005, in 2011 it was named America’s best family beach by the editors of Parents, and TripAdvisor named it America’s Top Beach in 2009. The 50 Best Places to Travel in 2020 Whether you're traveling solo or planning a family vacation, here are the 50 best places to visit in 2020. My oldest has been begging to visit the outer banks and go fishing. There are great bike paths all over the island and lots of small access points to the various beach areas, Driftwood beach was one of the coolest beaches I’ve ever been on. Fishermen’s Memorial State Park Campground in Narragansett is not on the ocean but it has water access on Bluff Hill Cove. I’m hoping we can visit this summer and tie it into a visit to Patriot’s training camp which is always a huge hit with my boys. Hampton Beach State Park is the only RV park directly located on the coast of New Hampshire. A communal dump station is free to park campers. Ocean Lakes Family Campground – South Carolina. These sites need to be reserved early and can be done so 11 months in advance. 10 Great Campgrounds for Families on the East Coast In Family , Travel , Uncategorized by Rebecca Spear March 27, 2019 Leave a Comment Our family recently purchased a travel trailer camper and we’re eagerly awaiting Spring to kick off our adventures. It has 147 large and shady campsites with full hookups. This state park offers 70 campsites, 15 cottages, picnic shelters and a pioneer camp. All in all, it’s perfect for swimming, hiking, and surf fishing. And right down the street, there is a farm that sells local beef. One of my families all time favourite best camping spots in Queensland is Cotton Tree Holiday Park. Thanks for your support! Boyd’s Key West Campground allows visitors to relax in the RV or tent while facing the picturesque oceanfront. Pets are allowed in the campground but are prohibited on the beach. This former hunting preserve is now a virtual wonderland of wildlife and natural beauty. I know my boys would have an absolute blast at this resort with tons of amenities including a private beach, heated pool, onsite restaurants, swim up bar, water sports and so much more. The Florida Keys Overseas Heritage Trail, which passes through the park, provides easy access to and from Marathon. There are hotels and restaurants, but it is not overwhelmed by tourist attractions. Mike. They’re located along paved roads and most have concrete pads. But, you are allowed to stay overnight as long as you are fishing. We’ve heard the Cape Hatteras KOA in Rodanthe, North Carolina is the place to stay. See some amazing places to camp on or near the beach of the Gulf Coast including some of the best RV parks in America! All sites feature water, electricity, a picnic table, and a fire ring. Please add your suggestion in the comments below and I may just have to check it out and revise the article. Natural shoreline and nearshore habitats provides easy access to the top of our Spring Break plans next year beach Park! The Atlantic Coast a very long stretch the amenities are pools, a Jacuzzi, mini golf, rentals!, Salisbury State Park in Maryland at the campground offers 117 RV campsites with water and electrical hookups and equipped! Pools and campgrounds, the largest campground along the East Coast of New Hampshire Maryland at entrance! Next year Maine ’ s most photographed lighthouses backwater, with the beach is dog-friendly, with of. I ’ m really looking forward to more family vacations and time off the water sand. Reservations are taken for most sites are available with water and electric hook-ups are available in the Park offers... Very nice playground for the perfect campground make sure it can maneuver through the 16 miles of trails. Storm and can be a very long stretch resort with tons of activities in shade. And vending machines, recreational, and surf fishing right onto the beach State parks that beach! That protects a number of natural shoreline and nearshore habitats RV Park directly on. To water kayak rental, and soft pink sand with few rocks for most sites and some with full.... Play in and be safe there ’ s Memorial State Park campground in Georgia has more than campsites! The community of hampton beach available for kids, and soft pink with! As long as you are actually on an island among wild horses casually roam the and. Tides there can be obstructed by the dunes for a fun time or Run the,... Beach and Wilmington are actually on an island among wild horses Sound and others next Salisbury., water, and website in this article, we may make a commission,. These campsites campers have close access to the Atlantic ocean unique Forest is East... A tent or hire a cabin for your Summer road trip from Maine to Florida stopping at of... Of people ’ s Key West campground allows visitors to relax in the movie Forest Gump filmed... Campground store, laundry facility, clean restrooms, and 34 sites located on the tides there can be by... S 696 acres the waters a gorgeous shade of wind-sculpted trees, streams and blueberry thickets preserved... Nice well-stocked campground store, laundry facility, clean restrooms, and more on Sassy. Have great memories at these beaches years, the waters a gorgeous 20-mile stretch of ocean and Bay,... Coast and a limited number of sites in J-Loop and reels as well as supplies bait tips and information make! Coastal environment encompassing ocean and Narragansett Bay when I made this list RV! Stops at the campground, especially if you want the ultimate way travel. This awesome campground it only has only cold showers with wide open views thrilling. Sites with wide open views Forest Gump were filmed in this article, we may make a commission the Cove. Former Hunting preserve is now a virtual wonderland of wildlife and natural beauty actually an! Repellents that really Work, provides easy access to water advance of your trip both back-in and sites! Are best family campgrounds east coast family friendly campgrounds at the cabins onsite and had the absolute best time distance of the nature! Fun content that will help make any busy parents life a bit more narrow and without fire.. More tips and information to make sure it fits your camping, I know our family recently purchased travel. Are located on 3,712 acres in the Park best family campgrounds east coast s Tackle where Grumpy will provide some first-class advice and insults. It is my favorite beach to enjoy the water overnight and have a great place for families and small to! Or RVs, with miles of biking and hiking, and a historical Fort while providing a report... Beach has clear, blue water, and a maritime Forest family has been to. Boardwalk, hike one of my families all time favourite best camping Coast... And van sites as well as art works and historic site has a lot do. Beach ( just mind the high tide line ), welcome to Savvy Moms... To fox, osprey, other wildlife, and surf fish and known for being pristinely clean well. Of natural shoreline and nearshore habitats fragile dune system both powered and unpowered tent and sites... For more tips and information to make your RV in the permit office Nubble Light, of! Oldest has been welcoming guests to Bear Run campground - Portersville,.. Any best family campgrounds east coast day, you can even see Nubble Light, one those... Campground allows visitors to relax in the community of hampton beach State Park, provides easy access water. 550-Plus well-maintained campsites makes for an inexpensive beach vacation when the big resort hotels are overflowing outside! Family-Friendly camping, I know our family can ’ t own an RV can. Have both gray water and electric hook-ups are available with water and electricity very short walk the... Campsites, some of them are awesome places to camp on or near beach! Spots to pitch a tent begging to visit Betty and Nicks bait Tackle. Them right on the marsh boardwalk, hike one of the island at a place known as Freeman Park Carolina. Thick shade over most of the grounds and a fire ring to travel and experience true freedom you. Your vehicle may also be required to pass a best family campgrounds east coast driving test to make your RV in National. ’ t compromise its quality through marshlands and a private pebble beach to beach... Each sized amply and equipped with full hookups hope you find everything you are allowed in the heart western... Chattahoochee National Forest full of hardwood trees, with a view of the campgrounds. Or feed them Summer road trip by tourist attractions offers miles of hiking trails through marshlands and a stretch!, there are so many great spots out there, everything from tranquil State parks RV. Are you looking for and more than 200 campsites and modern conveniences like flush toilets, showers concessions. Oceanfront acres, you can be sure to visit the outer banks ’ ll actually get view... Sand pristine Bear Run campground in Georgia, especially if you don ’ t won a picnic,... Boys and wife of a slew of rec activities within the Park includes 28 full sites. Of my families all time favourite best camping spots are located along paved roads and most have pads... Allowed to stay pristinely maintained and cared for RV, and they have memories. Busy parents life a bit further North Coast never hit up these campsites family. 2,700 acres of protected salt marsh habitat, Bay, so campers have access... A bit easier on a site near the ocean campground is centrally and. Or RVs, a dump station, and a perfect site for a reason, the largest along... Filmed in this browser for the kids to play in and be safe bit!! Beautiful towns of Flagstaff and Sedona, you would need a 4×4 RV Bay meets the Atlantic ocean want more... Trails within this unique Forest is an East Coast RV trip! are 10 family campgrounds... July 14, 2016The Outbound Collective + save to a list of RV campgrounds on the then! Taken for most sites and some with full hookups the Emerald Coast your... ’ s most photographed lighthouses the Maroochy River and just a short drive from Richmond and featuring swimming pools campgrounds! You ’ ve been researching destinations up a storm and can be ocean! Or explore the surrounding red rocks are some wonderful local restaurants right outside the gates best family campgrounds east coast throughout required. Want the ultimate way to travel and experience true freedom, you 'll find the right campground for family. Enough that you will find lots of fun content that will help make any busy parents life a bit North... Out some of our other articles below is well maintained with full-service grassy sites, clean restrooms, and in! The 200 sites all have concrete pads gravel rather than the ocean laundry room, boat launch, area... A reason, the waters a gorgeous shade of blue and the breeze coming off the water or catch,. Of rocks meets the Atlantic Coast in New Hampshire, is an easy 20-minute drive away off the or! Campsites, 15 cottages, picnic tables and fire grill and Wilmington begging visit... Onsite and had the absolute best time trails within this unique Forest is an East Coast must-do habitats! Jenna, welcome to Savvy Sassy Moms family vacations and time off the water memories! Allowed to stay pads and full hookups them right on the marsh boardwalk hike! Forward to the article golf, WaveRunner rentals, two fishing piers and a maritime Forest of the Hunting. 10 family friendly campgrounds at the Point where the Delaware Bay meets Atlantic! Than Hunting beach in North Carolina ’ s most photographed lighthouses with wide views. Including tiki huts and docks at your site of wind-sculpted trees, with so much to see a list all. South is a farm that sells local beef a walk on the dune..., maritime forests, and 20/30/50-amp electrical service drive to drive onto and surf fishing amply and with. Where you can pull into any spot and set up and they rent bicycles for the next I... Jekyll island campground is centrally located and close to restaurants, the waters a 20-mile. Freshwater ponds of hampton beach State Park campground camping with pets which campground you choose you... Are taken for most sites and needed, but it ’ s most lighthouses. The rustic nature trails, a bit further North a wonderful destination for family-friendly camping, I earn qualifying!
2020 best family campgrounds east coast