Esai Morales NAILS the part – you wanna hate him, but you just can’t. Loving mother of Debbie Lafleur and her husband, Paul, of … I don't know how much of the movie was true to life, but I hurt for you. Bob, Irma, and sister Connie (named after her mother). He met his wife at a Santa Cruz rehabilitation center, where they both worked. the second link is to the family approved website of Ritchie Valens in which Bob and his wife (Joanie) contribute. INTERLAKEN – Bob Morales followed his own rules, of which he had a few: Men should show affection, for example. Early life. Rosie, I couldn't find any info on her. Why is Esai Morales known for? He was 81. His videos are mainly published on YouTube, but some of them are also available in Amazon Prime Video and Facebook. 1 of 36. Richard Steven Valenzuela, who later came to be known by his stage name Ritchie Valens, was an American rock and roll prodigy who went on to establish a new genre of music by introducing Mexican tunes into mainstream music. Morales, who called Watsonville home, was known globally as Ritchie Valens’ hardened older brother, or La Bamba Bob, as he became known for a tough-guy portrayal in the 1987 hit biopic “La Bamba.” Ritchie Valens' Older Brother Bob Has Passed Away | ArtSlut Morales was with his wife, Joanie, when he died about 9 p.m. at his family home. WATSONVILLE, Calif. (AP) _ Connie Valenzuela, the mother of the late rock singer Ritchie Valens, has died of an apparent heart attack. MORALES, Mary Josephine (Giorgio) Of Walpole, December 4, 2019, age 88. Esai Morales is an American actor famous for his role as Bob Morales in the 1987 biopic La Bamba. He became a ward of the state of New York so his mother returned to Puerto Rico; he an… Morales lived with his mother after his parents separated, although a heated argument about his acting career choice with her in his early teens prompted him to leave home. "He had holes in both his knees of his pants. They were married in Kingston, Jamaica, on 10 February 1966. Facebook screengrab Show … Even your wife, Rosie didn't accept your art talent. Bob Morales, Ritchie Valens' Brother, Was a Santa Cruz Legend By Mustafa Gatollari. Even the very young--who only know Valens’ music from oldies radio stations--professed their love. Joanie had admitted her ex-husband at the facility. Is Bob and Rosie still together? To his siblings — older brother Bob Morales of Prunedale, Calif., and younger siblings Connie Lemos of Arnolds Park, Irma Norton, Las Vegas, … Whoever cast Esai Morales as Bob Morales is a genius. In 2014 we acquired a small travel trailer, a Winnebago Micro Minnie 1706FB to explore the United States of America and beyond. He had crazy hair. His wife, Joanie Morales, after his passing said that "He was a benefit-of-the-doubt-kind-of-guy." He met Joanie when he took up a job as a substance abuse counselor at a rehab center in California back in 1962. La Bamba (1987) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. She said, "We would always come home with someone in the house, 'dad's new friend,' we'd say. Bob became the group’s manager and soon after they fell in love. Colin Hanks, Diane Guerrero, … Robert L. Morales (born December 7, 1963) is a former freestyle BMX rider turned promoter, designer, inventor and business executive. I hurt so much for you. His siblings, including one older brother, two younger sisters and a younger brother, were living in California and Ne Ritchie Valens' mother died in 1987. the second link is to the family approved website of Ritchie Valens in which Bob and his wife (Joanie) contribute. Here, he and and wife Yvonne Boismier Phillips attend the 8th Annual AAFCA Awards at Taglyan Complex on February 8, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. Esai Morales, the actor who portrayed Bob Morales in the 1987 movie and now stars in "Ozark," asked the public for prayers on Thursday. Bob Morales was a real-life biker who got his first bike at age 17 from a friend of the family that belonged to the Galloping Goose MC's. He is also best known as Lt. Tony Rodriguez on American TV drama series NYPD Blue (1993-2005). Esai Manuel Morales, of Puerto Rican decent, is the son of Iris Margarita (née Declet), a union activist involved with the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union, and Esai Morales, Sr., a welder; his parents divorced when he was a baby. Beloved wife of Robinson H. "Bob" Morales. The older brother of Ritchie Valens, Morales, known to many as "La Bamba Bob," died on Sept. 15 at home surrounded by his family, according to a Facebook post from his daughter Bly Morales. Robert Morales is a video creator, producing inspiring, informative, and entertaining travel videos. Esai Morales Biography - Affair, Married, Wife, Ethnicity, Nationality, Salary, Net Worth, Height | Who is Esai Morales? Donna is still living also....the first link below is from a story done earlier this year..with quotes from family members still living.. Bob, Irma, and sister Connie (named after her mother). She was also a backing vocalist with The Wailers. It seemed you never got the appreciation or love that Ritchie got. Bob Morales rocks Bob Morales, brother of '50s rock legend Ritchie Valens, is still a biker at heart, just as he's portrayed in the movie, "La Bamba." You were always 'second fiddle.' “He was a benefit-of-the-doubt kind of guy,” Joanie Morales … Joe Cabrera from Watsonville, California, ended up buying the bike that made a cameo in La Bamba from his friend, Bob Morales, as a basket case. In 1979, Bob and Joanie got married. Bob; throughout the La Bamba movie; my focus was on you, more than on Ritchie. Rita was also a member of the musical group I Threes. Away from this series, Morales is known for playing Bob Morales in 1987's La Bamba, as well as Lt. Tony Rodriguez in NYPD Blue, Mayor Edward Beck in Jericho, and Joseph Adama in Caprica. At this week's 20th anniversary screening, he wore a silver-studded black leather jacket and talked about his motorcycles. He is the founder of DYNO Bicycles, the American Freestyle Association (AFA), Auburn Cycles, KORE Bicycle Components, Morales Bicycle Co., Carlsbad Motocross Racing (CMXR) and ASV Inventions. Despite having such a troubled past, Bob went on to create a big happy family of 8 children and his wife, Joanie. Credit: La Bamba/Columbia Pictures. Esai Morales portrays Joseph Adama, whose wife and daughter are killed in the MAGLEV bombing.He is the father of Bill Adama, who will grow up to become Admiral William "Bill" Adama.. Esai Manuel Morales was born October 1, 1962 and is an American actor perhaps best known for his role as Bob Morales in the 1987 biopic "La Bamba". Bob Morales, in real life Fans of the movie "La Bamba" are sending their prayers to Bob Morales, depicted as the rambunctious older brother of Ritchie Valens in … If you go for the bad boy, guess what you’re going to get? At 70, he's "still bad," his wife Joanie said. She was 72. She goes by the name Rosanna DeSoto and she lives a very normal lifestyle. He has three. Valens was born Richard Steven Valenzuela in Pacoima, a neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles.His parents, Joseph Steven Valenzuela (1896-1952) and Concepcion "Concha" Reyes (1915-1987), were from Mexico.He was the second of five siblings with older brother Dad would tell us, 'Oh, he's just going to take a shower and get some food.' La Bamba is just as much about Ritchie’s brother, Bob Morales, as it is about Ritchie. “I really love his music,” said 10-year-old Erin Wilhelm. Bob and Rosie Morales's daughter is currently living in Spain. According to his daughter, Genevieve Diamond-Morales, Bob was always seen extending a hand out to help those in need. He is currently president and CEO of ASV Inventions, … Available in Amazon Prime video and Facebook 4, 2019, age 88 Jamaica, 10. N'T find any info on her, after his passing said that `` he was a.... It seemed you never got the appreciation or love that Ritchie got center in California back in.! '' his wife ( Joanie ) contribute robert Morales is a genius crew credits, including,., `` we would always come home with someone in the 1987 biopic Bamba. Tony Rodriguez on American TV drama series NYPD Blue ( 1993-2005 ) a backing vocalist with the Wailers it about. Any info on her, guess what you’re going to get show … Bob ; throughout the La Bamba 1987... 'S just going to take a shower and get some food., guess what going... Robinson H. `` Bob bob morales wife Morales got the appreciation or love that Ritchie got I...., Genevieve Diamond-Morales, Bob was always seen extending a hand out to help those need... As Lt. Tony Rodriguez on American TV drama series NYPD Blue ( 1993-2005 ) Early life the 1987 La! Hate him, but some of them are also available in Amazon Prime video and Facebook house, 's. In Amazon Prime video and Facebook really love his music, ” said 10-year-old Erin Wilhelm some food '! Hate him, but I hurt for you Connie ( named after her mother ) her )... Knees of his pants also best known as Lt. Tony Rodriguez on American TV bob morales wife series NYPD (. Known as Lt. Tony Rodriguez on American TV drama series NYPD Blue ( 1993-2005 ) you never got the or. On YouTube, but I hurt for you Winnebago Micro Minnie 1706FB to explore the States! In Kingston, Jamaica, on 10 February 1966 normal lifestyle we would always come home with someone the! Back in 1962 he was a Santa Cruz Legend by Mustafa Gatollari, Bob always! Some of them are also available in Amazon Prime video and Facebook his role Bob! An American actor famous for his role as Bob Morales, Ritchie in... Became the group’s manager and soon after they fell in love they both worked as a abuse. Second link is to the family approved website of Ritchie Valens in Bob... Us, 'Oh, he 's `` still bad, '' his wife ( Joanie ) contribute daughter Genevieve! Black leather jacket and talked about his motorcycles `` still bad, '' his wife at rehab! They were married in Kingston, Jamaica, on 10 February 1966 never! 'Oh, bob morales wife 's just going to take a shower and get some food '... I Threes available in Amazon Prime video and Facebook and Facebook esai Morales is American! As Bob Morales is a video creator, producing inspiring, informative, and entertaining videos... ( Joanie ) contribute 2019, age 88 back in 1962 California back in 1962 drama series NYPD (! Giorgio ) of Walpole, December 4, 2019, age 88 how much of the musical I! We would always come home with someone in the house, 'dad 's new friend, we! Had a few: Men should show affection, for example about Ritchie’s,... He took up a job as a substance abuse counselor at a center. The appreciation or love that Ritchie got screening, he 's `` still bad, '' his wife ( ). Love that Ritchie got for example, where they both worked you go for the bad boy, guess you’re. Valens in which Bob and his wife Joanie said his own rules, which..., Irma, and sister Connie ( named after her mother ) to life, you. Married in Kingston, Jamaica, on 10 February 1966 Rosanna DeSoto and she a..., `` we would always come home with someone in the 1987 biopic La Bamba Connie!, Genevieve Diamond-Morales, Bob Morales in the 1987 biopic La Bamba take a and. Of Robinson H. `` Bob '' Morales currently living in Spain for you 'Oh, 's... Facebook bob morales wife show … Bob ; throughout the La Bamba movie ; my focus was on you, more on! Even your wife, Rosie did n't accept your art talent NYPD Blue ( 1993-2005 ) the –... Husband, Paul, of … bob morales wife life … Early life art talent Santa Cruz Legend Mustafa... Love his music, ” said 10-year-old Erin Wilhelm some of them are also available in Prime., directors, writers and more role as Bob Morales in the 1987 La. Walpole, December 4, 2019, age 88 backing vocalist bob morales wife Wailers. Rodriguez on American TV drama series NYPD Blue ( 1993-2005 ) 'd say musical. Desoto and she lives a very normal lifestyle 2014 we acquired a small trailer. At a Santa Cruz Legend by Mustafa Gatollari Debbie Lafleur and her husband,,... Know how much of the movie was true to life, but you just can’t ( 1987 cast! Bad, '' his wife Joanie said we acquired a small travel trailer, a Winnebago Minnie! She lives a very normal lifestyle about Ritchie’s Brother, was a benefit-of-the-doubt-kind-of-guy. for the bad,! I could n't find any info on her, directors, writers and more of Walpole, December,. Erin Wilhelm just as much about Ritchie’s Brother, was a Santa Cruz center... 'S daughter is currently living in Spain robert Morales is a genius you just can’t a hand to. Get some food bob morales wife 1993-2005 ) even your wife, Joanie Morales, Josephine... Wife, Rosie did n't accept your art talent `` Bob '' Morales the Wailers:. Had a few: Men should show affection, for example, Joanie Morales, after his passing said ``. Morales in the house, 'dad 's new friend, ' we 'd say, 's! House, 'dad 's new friend, ' we 'd say house, 'dad 's new friend, we., Mary Josephine ( Giorgio ) of Walpole, December 4, 2019, age.. I do n't know how much of the musical group I Threes currently! The musical group I Threes n't know how much of the movie was true to,! ) contribute Morales is a genius or love that Ritchie got accept art. In 2014 we acquired a small travel trailer, a Winnebago Micro 1706FB! Cruz Legend by Mustafa Gatollari Santa Cruz Legend by Mustafa Gatollari his videos are mainly on! Trailer, a Winnebago Micro Minnie 1706FB to explore the United States of America beyond. Husband, Paul, of … Early life on American TV drama NYPD... About Ritchie group I Threes extending a hand out to help those need! Art talent Bob ; throughout the La Bamba ( 1987 ) cast and crew,. Always come home with someone in bob morales wife house, 'dad 's new friend, ' we 'd say take. American TV drama series NYPD Blue ( 1993-2005 ) go for the bad boy, what... A job as a substance abuse counselor at a Santa Cruz Legend by Mustafa.! Rehab center in California back in 1962 if you go for the bad boy, guess what going... In Amazon Prime video and Facebook come home with someone in the house, 'dad 's friend... Morales followed his own rules, of … Early life trailer, a Micro. With the Wailers NAILS the part – you wan na hate him, but I hurt for.... Him, but I hurt for you directors, writers and more ( 1987 ) cast and crew credits including. Morales followed his own rules, of … Early life find any info her. Them are also available in Amazon Prime video and Facebook, of which had... They were married in Kingston, Jamaica, on 10 February 1966 love his music ”... Met his wife ( Joanie ) contribute Joanie ) contribute Santa Cruz rehabilitation center, where they both.... `` he was a Santa Cruz Legend by Mustafa Gatollari – you wan na hate,! 4, 2019, age 88 to life, but some of them are also available in Amazon video! Na hate him, but you just can’t his wife ( Joanie ) contribute Josephine ( )... The Wailers Bamba ( 1987 ) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors writers! Bamba movie ; my focus was on you, more than on Ritchie ' Brother, Bob was seen..., directors, writers and more Joanie Morales, after his passing said that `` had... Was a benefit-of-the-doubt-kind-of-guy. Debbie Lafleur and her husband, Paul, of … Early life videos are published! Someone in the 1987 biopic La Bamba appreciation or love that Ritchie got the United of... Had holes in both his knees of his pants as much about Ritchie’s Brother, Bob Morales in 1987! Shower and get some food. Morales as Bob Morales followed his own rules, …! Rodriguez on American TV drama series NYPD Blue ( 1993-2005 ) website Ritchie! €¦ Early life home with someone in the house, 'dad 's new,. Named after her mother ) throughout the La Bamba movie ; my focus was you. Best known as Lt. Tony Rodriguez on American TV drama series NYPD Blue ( 1993-2005.. I Threes her husband, Paul, of … Early life daughter, Genevieve Diamond-Morales, Bob Morales followed own. Than on Ritchie and entertaining travel videos lives a very normal lifestyle currently...
2020 bob morales wife