Much too waxy and artificial tasting. You said to use Shortning, what kind exactly? How many days will they keep? After making should I put in freezer and for how long? On. Allow Turtles to … Place 1/2 C butter into a medium-sized sauce pan. Delicious!! Arrange 4 pecan halves in a cluster, flat side down on cookie sheet. Once it has hardened and cooled you can serve them immediately, or transfer them to an air tight container. Hi, can I use the caramel recipe to dip apples? JMD, 3. Line them with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray. I would suggest waiting for the caramel to set up completely. Once it has hardened and cooled you can serve them immediately, or transfer them to an air tight container. Line them with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray. Hi Debbye, Rather than freeze them, can I store them in a sealed plastic container in the refrigerator? Hi,I made these in molded form. I am told it is the best they have ever had! Find yourself 2 large cookie sheets. Any way to save them??? Not because I have a fascination with real live turtles and think it would be fun to nibble on one. chips sweetened or non sweetened kind? Earth. However, it doesn’t generally turn out well. Thanks for the recipe. ~Jamie. Turtles have always been one of my favorite candies. Spoon chocolate … Hi Angela, These freeze very well. I can’t imagine having any difficulty with them setting if you use a candy thermometer. Then, Drizzle the chocolate over the caramel pecans, roughly 1 to 2 tsp. Be sure there is caramel touching all of the nuts in your cluster. 6. Bring to a boil and cook for 8 minutes. 1/2 C light corn syrup. No hard feelings. Did you add anything to the melted caramels? Cook and stir until it reaches 235-240 degrees. Swirl it around along the top making a pretty swoop with your spoon. It tastes fantastic but the caramel is gooey! Thanks, Claudette, On. Also found that letting the caramel cool just a tick before pouting over the nuts stopped it from spreading out excessively, Easy to just leave the element on and just place the pot back on for a minute if it starts to stiffen. Dead. ~Jamie, Thank you for this recipe, cant wait to try it. 1/2 t butter crisco? Place 1/2 C butter into a medium-sized sauce pan. 2. A bit of chocolate on the bottom and build your clusters in them .. No muss no fuss.. *** 2 1/2 C pecans 1/2 C butter (I use salted) 1 C brown sugar 1/2 C light corn syrup 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1/2 of a 14 ounce can) 1/2 t vanilla 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips These sweet and salty treats satisfy every craving! I want to also start early for Christmas and give them as gifts. almond bark instead of choc. I only made half a batch of caramel, as the ingredients below indicate. I’ve got to think about my health you know. Consuming 80 Turtle Clusters could kill a person. I didn’t want to ruin an entire batch of turtles, so I did a test of the caramel on an aluminum cookie sheet set over ice. Pecan Caramel Clusters Ingredients. Dead as a door nail! Toss 2 1/2 cups of pecans into a large skillet. This caramel is soooo good. Google+. Worked but not as pretty. I found myself with some chocolate and pecans at the same time and just knew that these chocolate caramel clusters (turtles) were destined to be made. 6. I plan on using cupcake liners like I do when I make peanut butter cups. The caramel works like glue, sticking the nuts together. Let sit to harden. When I had the right consistency, I proceed with making the turtles. 1/2 C butter (I use salted) 2. Simply incredible. neither caramel nor chocolate set up as thick as shown–2nd year I have done this. Be sure there is caramel touching all of the nuts in your cluster. So hard to resist, in fact, that I recommend making a double batch if you have any hopes of sharing. Find yourself 2 large cookie sheets. See you tomorrow for a chocolate free recipe. How long do you think these will keep fresh? Just try it. On the baking sheets, arrange the pecan halves in snowflake-shaped clusters of 5 pecans each, overlapping … Facebook. Place marshmallow cream and kisses into a large bowl. In a microwave safe bowl pour 12 ounces of milk chocolate chips. Allow it to sit for a minute or two (so it can melt and make the chocolate chips more spreadable). Swirl it around along the top making a pretty swoop with your spoon. It will continue to rise in temperature just a bit even without the direct heat, making the caramel just the right texture. I followed the directions to a tea!I used my candy thermometer and did exactly as you said. If you hate caramel, pecans and chocolate…please do not give 50 thumbs up, just disregard this post. Place caramels, butter, and water in a microwave-safe bowl. I’ve had these turn a little bit spotted if I store them in a sealed plastic container on the counter. Increase the heat just a bit and stir it continually. Came out perfect. By. 1. 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1/2 of a 14 ounce can) 1/2 t vanilla. 1 C brown sugar Line them with parchment paper and spray it with cooking … I make these every Christmas and there is NO substitute for the caramel. Chocolate Turtle Clusters are delicious homemade candies with walnuts, caramel and chocolate. I like my clusters completely covered. I would stick with milk or semi sweet chocolate chips. 1/2 C butter (I use salted) I left them in the fridge overnight and put 12 in each small Xmas tin I bought at the Dollar Store. Allow the chocolate to set up. ***, 2 1/2 C pecans Find yourself 2 large cookie sheets. Dianne, Set them back on some parchment paper and allow the chocolate to set up. As for you fellow turtle lovers, let me show you how easy they are to make! This was my first experience making caramel and, like others who posted, I overcooked it. I use Ghiridelli milk choco chips for the chocolate, it melts so well and is rich for this treat to say the least. The better the chocolate. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons of melted chocolate over the top of the caramel and nuts. Stir it all together. ~Jamie, how would you get the whole thing covered in chocolate. Time: 40 min hands on + 20 min to cool and set Anna. Dip the "turtles" into the melted chocolate,... in a cool place. Fills two large cookie sheets with turtles. The next morning, I set the shoe leather caramel over a double boiler added a couple of tablespoons of half and half, stirred, and tried the cookie sheet over ice test again. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each cooking interval. Amazing! Best of luck! If your caramel doesn’t set up check instructions on the internet for making candy at your altitude. 4. 1/2 t vanilla Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each cooking interval. The caramel works like glue, sticking the nuts together. Whoever came up with the combination should be kissed on both cheeks, high-fived with both hands and given 50 thumbs up. 8. If you like homemade turtles, you’ll love this chewy pecan caramel candy dipped in chocolate for a special treat. It kept them separate and added a festive touch. It will turn out very well. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. The pecans & chocolate were provided to me at no cost, but these opinions are my own. Melt it over medium high heat. Do I cover them when I put in freezer ? Can I do them 2 weeks ahead of time? Allow the chocolate to set up. Modern takes on the recipe add other ingredients, but at the core of the confection lies a simplicity of ingredients and a powerfully decadent flavor. Stir it all together. These sweet and salty treats satisfy every craving! ~Jamie. 9. Wi didn’t toast my pecans which I will do next time. Earth. Find yourself 2 large cookie sheets. Line them with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray. Melt the chocolate chips and oil in the microwave at half power, stirring often till smooth. On greased cookie sheets arrange pecan halves in clusters of two nuts (placed end... water. These cute little turtle clusters are so much more than meets the eye. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Thanks for your question. Generously butter 2 baking sheets. Best, CHOCOLATE PECAN TURTLE CLUSTERS. Next, place the Rolos candies on a parchment paper or silicone mat lined baking sheet. What Fun!! i just made these…used wrapped caramels…i went to walmart day after halloween and got them half price for this reason 🙂 but they really set fast but soooo delicious. 1/2 t shortening (I use butter flavored Crisco). I can’t believe ***I*** (we;) ) made this!! I would opt to store them in the freezer. Best of luck to you! 2nd batch was perfect- correct amounts and once all ingredients to caramel were in I boiled for a min 10 minutes (maybe even 12) and it set perfectly right away. The homemade caramel is so much better than the wrapped ones. per cluster. ~Jamie. The caramel was like shoe leather. 🙂. loading... X. Carefully drizzle about 1 1/2 teaspoons of caramel over each nut cluster. Glad to hear they freeze well so I can make them a bit in advance. What is the best way to give them? Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Toast them over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until they have darkened just a bit and smell fragrant and wonderful. What can be done to cover the bottom as well. I’ve wanted to make Turtle Clusters because the flavors of chewy homemade caramel, crisp pecans and heavenly chocolate all combined into one blissful candy is just a bite of heaven right here on earth, that’s why. How to make Chocolate Pecan Turtle Clusters:INGREDIENTS2 1/2 C pecans1/2 C butter (I use salted)1 C brown sugar1/2 C light corn syrup7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1/2 of a 14 ounce can)1/2 t vanilla1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips1/2 t shortening (I use butter flavored Crisco) 1. Chocolate Turtles. I followed the recipe to the T but the chocolate didn’t set up well. Microwave on high, stirring every 30 … 0. Should only take a few minutes. chocolate pecan turtle clusters Chocolate Turtle Clusters are delicious homemade candies with walnuts, caramel and chocolate. Chocolate-making is fun, and makes wonderful gifts for the holidays or any other time of year! Pinterest. Great taste! However, if are making Turtle Clusters for the masses please feel free to double this recipe. AS … I suppose I can use choc. Best of luck to you! With toasted pecans, homemade caramel sauce and chocolate, everyone adores these. I’ve wanted to make Turtle Clusters because the flavors of chewy homemade caramel, crisp pecans and heavenly chocolate all combined into one blissful candy is just a bite of heaven right here on earth, that’s why. Is what I am saying here, folks. 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips Arrange your pecans into clusters, three to a group works well. They turned out great! Chocolate did not set , I followed the directions , caramel turned out perfect . besttcookingrecipes.blogspot.com Angie Hope . Pecans are very nutritious! WhatsApp. Mmmmm, everyone will enjoy this Xmas, thanks!!!! Source: jamiecooksitup, Follow and join our Group facebook to get daily recipes ❤ ❤ ❤…. Almond Bark is not a good option here. 1/2 t shortening (I use butter flavored Crisco) Hi Mary, Toast them over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until they have darkened just a bit and smell fragrant and wonderful. I made these for co-worker Xmas gifts and WHAT A HIT!! Jodie Lawrence - June 21, 2019. As much as I love Christmas and the New Year, one thing always drives me nuts when these magic moments go into the past: a look at my weight. Dark chocolate would be wonderful, real butter would also work well. Can I use real butter instead? I ran out of Caramel so instead of making more I just put a carmel on top and poppep in oven low for about 6 min and then did You want to leave some space (about an inch) between each cluster. Yield: about 40 clusters, ***NOTE: I used my homemade caramel recipe for these clusters. 1 batch homemade soft caramels cooked to 4 degrees less than called for in the … HELP, Carole 1. Once they were I put the nut “blobs” into mini cupcake papers and poured thee chocolate over them. I’ve actually NEVER wanted to do that. I hope this helps. My husband requested your original method so all that caramel will get used. Arrange your pecans into clusters, three to a group works well. I’m at a very high altitude and have to adjust cook times on about everything. I have always wanted to make Turtle Clusters. 🙂. Ingredients : 2 1/2 C pecans. You’ll have to help me out with the thumbs, guys. December 9, 2019 by Beth Pierce 39 Comments. didnt work for me, but your recipe for carmel worked great will be makeing these again, and will be useing the carmel recipe also for other recipes, thanks, Great recipe. Best, Heaven. Add  1 C brown sugar, 1/2 C light corn syrup and 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk to the pan. Increase the heat just a bit and stir it continually. Cook and stir until it reaches 235-240 degrees. I generally remove it from the heat when it reaches about 234 degrees. The caramel turned perfect and I had lots of caramel left over. It will continue to rise in temperature just a bit even without the direct heat, making the caramel just the right texture. I generally remove it from the heat when it reaches about 234 degrees. Finally, top the chocolate turtles with sprinkles … Heaven. Combine sugar, milk and butter in a saucepan. My caramel didn’t set up quite perfect, but I spooned each cluster of pecans, then the chocolate, & put the sheet pan in the freezer, about 5 to 7 minutes Melt the chocolate chips and oil in the microwave at half power, … TASTED AND SETS UP PERFECTLY. I like to use Milk Chocolate, but semi sweet works as well. Best of luck to you! 8. Is what I am saying here, folks. Then set each cluster on top of a fork and submerge it in the melted chocolate. These turtles would be a yummy way to fit nuts into your diet. Let sit to harden. Thanks for your question. Arrange your... 3. Share. YOU NEED: 2 1/2 C pecans. 4. Can the turtles be kept in my freezer for use later. Dead as a door nail! 1/2 C light corn syrup 3. 2 1/2 C pecans Add 1/2 teaspoon of shortening to the melted chocolate. It will turn out very well. Place in freezer for 30 minutes to an hour, or until the caramel and chocolate … They include caramels, butter, pecans, chocolate and heavy whipping cream. You are always so considerate. Chocolate Pecan Turtle Clusters. It’s hard to resist their addictive combination of buttery pecans and chewy homemade caramel nestled under a creamy milk chocolate shell. 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1/2 of a 14 ounce can) Do the turtles stick to the paper? Used Nestle’s milk chocolate chips. What’s the purpose of it? 1/2 t shortening (I use butter flavored Crisco), 1. 1 C brown sugar Make your caramel (full tutorial with pictures found here). So happy they turned out well! Melt it over medium high heat. 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons of melted chocolate over the top of the caramel and nuts. Recipes; CHOCOLATE PECAN TURTLE CLUSTERS. Toss 2 1/2 cups of pecans into a large skillet. Twitter. Instead of dipping the whole Turtle in chocolate I put a dollop of chocolate down before placing the pecans and caramel…this gives a chocolate base and chocolate top to the Turtles. 1/2 C light corn syrup. Also, would real butter work to replace teh crisco. Carefully drizzle about 1 1/2 teaspoons of caramel over each nut cluster. Allow it to sit for a minute or two (so it can melt and make the chocolate chips more spreadable). Optionally add a pinch of sea salt to each Turtle. the better the turtle. You’ll want to work quickly, as the caramel will begin to set up. 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1/2 of a 14 ounce can) Thanks for your question. Spoon the chocolate pecan mixture over the Rolos. Can I use wrapped candy instead of homemade carmel? Thanks for letting me know. I’ll probably add a lil coarse sea salt to top! I thought it was a lost cause, but I didn’t want to waste all that butter, brown sugar, and sweetened condensed milk, so I let the caramel cool, tossed it in the refrigerator overnight and thought about how to fix it. 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips. Arrange your pecans into clusters, three to a group works well. Repeat with the rest of the pecan halves. I’ve made a batch and they have sort of spread out. 1/2 C butter (I use salted) 1 C brown sugar. Add 1/2 teaspoon of shortening to the melted chocolate. How much. Quickly spoon the caramel over the pecan clusters, making sure caramel is touching each of the pecans. This Chocolate Pecan Turtle Clusters Recipe is a holiday favorite we make for treats every year. enjoy!! Ingredients: 3 (caramels.. chips.. halves) 10. Unfortunately, the caramel you mention wouldn’t be thick enough, or have the capacity to set up like the homemade version does. Toss 2 1/2 cups of pecans into a large skillet. I am making these for the second time, they were loved by all, and the Carmel is the best I HAVE EVER Dead. Thanks for your question. I’m not sure if the nuts give off some moisture that makes the chocolate turn spotted…or not. 7. For chocolate coating number 1: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop Tablespoon-sized amounts of the caramel pecan mixture onto the parchment paper. You’ll want to work quickly, as the caramel will begin to set up. 5. It seems a lot easier to make these in mini muffin liners to keep them all corralled. Can I substitute semi sweet instead of milk chocolate chips? Wonderful recipe. I just made these first tryed the carmel candies but I am planning to make these for a fundraiser in about a week. PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE 1. 2 questions. Thank you. You want to leave some space (about an inch) between each cluster. Hi Suzanne, Ingredients. As much as I love Christmas and the New Year, one thing always drives me nuts when these magic moments go into the past: a look at my weight. PLEASE SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY FOR DETAILS. ~Jamie. ~Jamie. I made some last year from a different recipe but they were a bit thick. 9. Only a few basic ingredients are needed to make these delicious pecan caramel clusters. | Easy Christmas Treat | Pecan Recipes #food #yummy #caramel #recipe #pecans 1/2 C butter (I use salted) 1 C brown sugar. Invented around 1918, these cute and delicious turtles have been available for purchase in-store for decades, with their original recipe unaltered: pecans, caramel, and chocolate. Ingredients 2 1/2 cup pecan halves 1 stick butter butter 1 packed cup brown sugar 1/2 cup light corn syrup 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 1 12 ounce package milk chocolate chips 1/2 teaspoon shortening My first batch I did the wrong /smaller amount of butter and didn’t cook as long- came out on the softer side and didn’t set. These are soooo tasty and easy to make. The last time I checked I only had two. 1/2 t vanilla Love this recipe! Deborah, Make your caramel (full tutorial with pictures found here). MORE THAN WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT. Make your caramel (full tutorial with pictures found here). Would dark chocolate chips work? 9776. Thanks Jamie!! I want to start early for Christmas. It should work well for you. Should it be in an airtight container? Add about 2 tablespoons chocolate to the top of each pecan cluster by dolloping it on top and letting it fall down the sides. Planning to make them as a favor for my daughters wedding! are the choc. Grease a large cookie sheet well. 7. After placing melted chocolate in the molds I put chopped pecans in the bottom of the molds then put a layer of cooled caramel and finished with last layer of chocolate. Chocolate. Toast them over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until they... 2. That caramel was delicious! They were perfect! 2 1/2 C pecans; 1/2 C butter (I use salted) 1 C brown sugar; 1/2 C light corn syrup; 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1/2 of a 14 ounce can) ... Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Should only take a few minutes. It’s a keeper. 1/2 t shortening (I use butter flavored Crisco) How to make it. You want to leave some space (about an inch) between each cluster. ~Jamie. The downside is that you must make them just before packaging them to gift to your friends. Quickly spoon the caramel over the pecan clusters, making sure caramel is touching each of the pecans. All my best, The crunchy pecans, the chewy caramel, the melt in your mouth chocolate. Best of luck! May I ask how many wrapped caramels you used for this recipe? THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1/2 of a 14 ounce can) 1/2 t vanilla. Thank you so much for asking. Instead of chocolate chips can I use Wilton melting wafers instead? Best of luck to you! I found the caramel reached temp in 10 – 15 min. chips? A tradition in my Christmas baking for a couple of years now 🙂. Bring it up out of the chocolate and allow any excess to drip off into the bowl. 5. 1/2 C light corn syrup If I do not use all of the caramel because I ran out of peacans will it keep in the fridge to make more another day? 🙂 Thanks, I just made these and the caramel is NOT setting up. In a microwave safe bowl pour 12 ounces of milk chocolate chips. Any thoughts on why it didn’t set up? Add 1 C brown sugar, 1/2 C light corn syrup and 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk to the pan. Set aside. 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips. Preheat oven to 325. That can also be found on the internet. Could I use a jar of caramel for ice cream instead of making it by scratch? However, if are making Turtle Clusters for the masses please feel free to double this recipe. Place 1/2 C butter into a medium-sized sauce pan.
2020 chocolate pecan turtle clusters recipe