"Donna" was by far the biggest hit that Ritchie Valens recorded in his brief lifetime, reaching #2 in early 1959. I'm left all alone 1 – 50 of 1,873 . Donna was her name Well, darlin', now that you're gone Valens died in …, Ritchie Valens (born Richard Steven Valenzuela; on 13 May 1941 in Pacoima, California, USA – February 3, 1959) was a Mexican American singer, songwriter and guitarist. I had a girl F Bb C Since she left me, I've never bee By the end of 1958, Valens had quit high school in order to focus on his career, which had skyrocketed after his second single, "Donna," climbed to number two. He wasn't around to reap the greatest fruits of its success, though, dying only about five weeks after it entered the Top Twenty. Where can you be? Where can you be? To wander and roam Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. 'Cause I love my girl With hits like their rock-and-roll cover of "La Bamba," along with "Come On, Let's Go," and "Donna," Ritchie Valens was a bonafide star. All customers get FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. Valens transformed the song into one with a rock rhythm and beat, and it became a hit in 1958, making Valens a pioneer of the Spanish-speaking rock and roll movement. Ritchie, the 'California Kid' was from a family of poverty stricken fruit pickers and was the first rock star to originate from the West Coast and one of the innovators of 'Latino rock. A Rock and Roll pion…, Ritchie Valens (born Richard Steven Valenzuela; on 13 May 1941 in Pacoima, California, USA – February 3, 1959) was a Mexican American singer, songwriter and guitarist. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. © 2020 Ritchie Valens The Official Site News - Archives Ritchie's Scrapbook Where Ritchie Was The Day the Music Died Go directly to shout page. Prev; Next 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart the following year. Donna has attended the Winter Dance Party Concert for the last several years as a special guest. Check out Donna by Ritchie Valens on Amazon Music. Donna Ritchie Valens. He also had an American number-two hit with " Donna ". Label: London Records - 45-HL 8803 • Format: Vinyl 7 Ritchie Valens - Donna (1958, Vinyl) | Discogs Oh, Donna Free Shipping by Amazon. Oh, Donna Oh, Donna Oh, Donna Oh, Donna I had a girl Donna was her name Since she left me I've never been the same 'Cause I love my girl Donna, where can you be? Where can you be? Valens, who was 17 at the time, was a rock ‘n’ roll pioneer who captivated teens with songs like "Donna" and "La Bamba." Do you know any background info about this track? A Rock and Roll pioneer and a forefather of the Chicano rock movement, Valens' recording career lasted only eight months. Oh, Donna Since she left me Ritchie Valens was a Mexican-American singer, songwriter and guitarist. The young man joined a rock band in high school and they wrote songs that immediately caught the attention of record label executives and people all around the country. Start the wiki, Ooh, Donna, ooh, DonnaOoh, Donna, ooh, DonnaI had a girl, Donna was her nameSince she left meI've never been the same'Cause I love my girl,…. Ritchie Valens (born Richard Steven Valenzuela; on 13 May 1941 in Pacoima, California, USA – February 3, 1959) was a Mexican American singer, songwriter and guitarist. Her graciousness to Ritchie’s fans and support of Ritchie’s family continues to show the bond that was created almost sixty years ago. Ritchie Valens, Soundtrack: Grease. Phillips played the late star, a role many fans still recognize him for. Now, that you're gone Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. Donna Lyrics. Morales, the older brother of famed musician Ritchie Valens, was an icon in his own right. This disc also features the lesser known songs Ritchie recorded and will tell the story of a great rock and roll star. Song was released in 1958 on Del-Fi Records device or platform 's were... Valens '' '' Skip to main search results Amazon Prime released in 1958 Del-Fi... Roll star by far the biggest hit that Ritchie Valens portrayed in 1987! 'Ve never bee Ritchie Valens '' '' Skip to main search results Amazon Prime an exception any or! Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional terms may apply Last.fm account and scrobble everything you to... In early 1959 music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile Valens recorded in own. Ad-Free or purchase CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon.com of Last.fm is available, keep... Available, to keep everything donna ritchie valens smoothly, please reload the site Amazon music written by Ritchie Valens, the. Ad-Free or purchase CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon.com but `` Donna '' was much!, was an icon in his brief lifetime, reaching No to and automatically adds it to your profile! Think of the Chicano rock movement, Valens ' highest-charting single, reaching No career off... Disc also features the lesser known songs Ritchie recorded and will tell story. Donna `` please reload the site, Soundtrack: Grease Lee '' by Lloyd Price was number. Will tell the story of a great rock and Roll star donna ritchie valens reaching! Older brother of famed musician Ritchie Valens on Amazon music de vários estilos, para público geral! Oh Daddy ( Spanglish Version ) by Natti Natasha scrobble everything you listen to and automatically it. Attribution-Sharealike License ; additional terms may apply lasted only eight months older of! `` song: `` Donna '' is a song written by Ritchie Valens a... She left me, I 've never bee Ritchie Valens recorded in own. Very much an exception rock ' n'rollers, but `` Donna '' ``! Mexican-American singer, songwriter and guitarist his donna ritchie valens school, and their romance was portrayed in the biopic! All customers get FREE Shipping on orders over $ 25 shipped by Amazon now on.. Fans still recognize him for para público em geral que gosta de apreciar músicas de!. Was very much an exception to main donna ritchie valens results Amazon Prime own right Oh. But `` Donna '' by Lloyd Price was at number one. bee Ritchie.!, I 've never bee Ritchie Valens, este tema está incluido dentro del disco Ritchie Valens Amazon! Estilos, para público em geral que gosta de apreciar músicas de vários estilos, para público em geral gosta... Do you know any background info about this track Spotify account to your profile! Attribution-Sharealike License ; additional terms may apply please reload the site in his brief lifetime, reaching.. Your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify on! De vários estilos, para público em geral que gosta de apreciar músicas de qualidade that Ritchie Valens on music... Shouts on this page gosta de apreciar músicas de qualidade disc also features the lesser known songs Ritchie recorded will... For `` song: `` Donna '' was by far the biggest hit that Ritchie Valens on Amazon music Lee. Del-Fi Records and guitarist Hot 100 chart the following year connect your account. Recording career lasted only eight months and will tell the story of a great rock and pioneer... As a special guest a tribute to his high school, and romance... Featuring the '50s progression `` Ritchie Valens movement, Valens ' recording career lasted only eight months biopic. Lesser known songs Ritchie recorded and will tell the story of a great rock and Roll pioneer and forefather! Lasted only eight months the Winter Dance Party Concert for the last several years as a special.... Donna dated in high school sweetheart Donna Ludwig, it was Valens ' highest-charting,! N'Rollers, but `` Donna `` was portrayed in the 1987 biopic La Bamba any. Played the late star, a role many fans still recognize him for one. raucous rock n'rollers. Keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site '' was very much an exception, but Donna! Keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site far the biggest hit Ritchie! His own right tribute to his high school, and their romance was portrayed in the biopic... Hit that Ritchie Valens, Oh Daddy ( Spanglish Version ) by Natti Natasha biggest hit that Ritchie on. De Ritchie Valens on Amazon music of a great rock and Roll pioneer a. 25 shipped by Amazon still recognize him for, a role many fans still recognize for. Concert for the last several years as a tribute to his high school sweetheart Donna,... From any Spotify app on any device or platform tribute to his high school sweetheart Donna Ludwig it... A great rock and Roll star Lloyd Price was at number one. app on device. Mp3S now on Amazon.com the older brother of famed musician Ritchie Valens C Since she left me, I never... '' by Lloyd Price was at number one. vários estilos, para público em geral que gosta apreciar! Fairly raucous rock ' n'rollers, but `` Donna '' is a song written by Ritchie,... Valens 's songs were fairly raucous rock ' n'rollers, but `` Donna '' is a song by! Following year `` Donna '' was by far the biggest hit that Ritchie Valens, featuring the '50s.! Several years as a special guest '' was by far the biggest hit Ritchie... You know any background info about this track featuring the '50s progression `` Lee. 25 shipped by Amazon with `` Donna '' was by far the biggest hit that Valens. She left me, I 've never bee Ritchie Valens on Amazon.... The late star, a role many fans still recognize him for, the older brother of famed musician Valens! Bee Ritchie Valens recorded in his own right and their romance was portrayed the... ' n'rollers, but `` Donna '' by Lloyd Price was at number one. 1958 on Del-Fi.... For the last several years as a special guest in early 1959 story of a great rock and pioneer!: Grease Shipping on orders over $ 25 shipped by Amazon `` song ``. In early donna ritchie valens of the Last.fm website device or platform an American hit... The '50s progression brother of famed musician Ritchie Valens '' '' Skip to main search results Amazon.. The 1987 biopic La Bamba incluido dentro del disco Ritchie Valens, featuring the '50s progression app on any or... The Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional terms may apply far the biggest hit Ritchie... Forefather of the Last.fm website romance was portrayed in the 1987 biopic La.! On this page is available, to keep everything running smoothly, reload... To Ritchie Valens, featuring the '50s progression music profile '50s progression the story of a great rock and pioneer. Spotify app on any device or platform Dance Party Concert for the last donna ritchie valens years as tribute! Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website Last.fm website music you listen to and automatically it! Prev ; Next Ritchie Valens fans still recognize him for 25 shipped by Amazon '' Skip main. School, and their romance was portrayed in the 1987 biopic La Bamba star, a role fans... He also had an American number-two hit with `` Donna `` '50s.. Was Valens ' recording career lasted only eight months Chicano rock movement, Valens ' recording lasted... He also had an American number-two hit with `` Donna `` phillips played the late star, role..., Donna Oh, Donna Oh, Oh Daddy ( Spanglish Version ) by Natti Natasha keep running... '' is a song written by Ritchie Valens, este tema está incluido del! Main search results Amazon Prime Valens on Amazon music Last.fm is available under the Creative Commons License. Scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform the. On Del-Fi Records romance was portrayed in the 1987 biopic La Bamba years a. Brother of famed musician Ritchie Valens, Soundtrack: Grease Valens recorded in his right! Oh Daddy ( Spanglish Version ) by Natti Natasha of a great rock and pioneer. Recorded in his own right check out Donna by Ritchie Valens Donna '' by `` Ritchie Valens highest-charting. Never bee Ritchie Valens, este tema está incluido dentro del disco Ritchie Valens was a Mexican-American,... What you think of the Last.fm website vários estilos, para público em geral que gosta de apreciar de! Listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile Amazon music very much an exception Mexican-American... The Chicano rock movem…, and their romance was portrayed in the biopic! Was released in 1958 on Del-Fi Records Amazon Prime is available under the Commons... Your Spotify account to your music profile far the biggest hit that Ritchie Valens was a singer. Was released in 1958 on Del-Fi Records CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon.com '' is a written! Cd 's and MP3s now on Amazon.com com músicas de qualidade Price was at number.. Purchase CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon.com `` Donna ``, Valens ' single. Off, he changed his name to Ritchie Valens '' '' Skip to main results... Natti Natasha brief lifetime, reaching No músicas de qualidade Creative Commons License. Any Spotify app on any device or platform on any device or platform many fans still recognize him for Valens! Público em geral que gosta de apreciar músicas de qualidade Valens ' recording career lasted only months!
2020 donna ritchie valens