I am giving so many away and could include your video. This week, iThinkSew wants to help people better prepare themselves for any potential outbreak. I just wanted to let you know that as a nurse married to a physician-your pattern for masks is the BEST!! Juki Sewing Machine (heavy duty sewing machine): https://amzn.to/2GCqzIn, Brother Sewing Machine (Basic sewing machine-great for beginners): https://amzn.to/2Ieowgq, Singer Beginner Sewing Machine: https://amzn.to/2BE4C8M, Janome Treadle Sewing Machine: https://amzn.to/2Eewv8R, Brother Serger Sewing Machine: https://amzn.to/2Efz36E, Sew Steady Grid Sewing Mat: https://amzn.to/2xhRLde, Havel Mini Scissors for thread trimming: https://amzn.to/2I5fNwP, Olfa Cutting Mat:  https://amzn.to/2MWF8b9, Fiskar Scissors:  https://amzn.to/2MXFcHu, Clover Steamless Mini Iron for seam pressing:  https://amzn.to/2E1JLxx, Wool Pressing Mat:  https://amzn.to/2MXYPiM, Applique Pressing Sheet:  https://amzn.to/2DverWw, Olipfa Lip Edge Ruler:  https://amzn.to/2WV9zTr, Alex Anderson 4 in 1 sewing tool: https://amzn.to/3e6JZDP, Height adjustable sewing tables:  https://amzn.to/2GEZ3dD (I purchased an inexpensive top at, Clover Quick Clips: https://amzn.to/2EEDXtf, Filed Under: DIY HEALTH & BEAUTY, SEWING/QUILTING Tagged With: Batch sew medical mask, DIY fabric face mask sewing pattern and tutorial, Fitted fabric face mask video tutorial, free mask pattern, How to sew a fabric face mask, how to sew a reusable face mask with filter pocket, Medical mask for healthcare workers sewing pattern, reusable fabric face mask with filter pocket. This is helpful, too, but how do I get to the pattern template? Using a 1/2″ seam allowance, sew around the perimeter of your rectangle of fabric. Fold up one of the long edges of your fabric. Align the filter pocket on top of the mask making sure it’s centered. This step isn’t necessary. Next, lay your filter pocket onto of the right side (pretty side) of your EXTERIOR fabric. Start by taking your (2) INTERIOR FABRIC pieces and lay them RST (right sides together-this just means the pretty side of the fabric facing the other pretty side of the fabric). Create the outer shell’s sides by folding the, Now is when you’ll want to add your wire made of, Flip and press all finished seams. If you aren’t comfortable doing this, you don’t have to. Mark a 3 inch line from the top towards the center and then from the bottom to the center. thanks. This is helping to eliminate sharp ends that could poke through your fabric. Make your own homemade mask without sewing for 2 minutes. _Brie. Let mw know if you still need help and id be glad to email it to you. Here ya go Beth. I’m happy to send them to you via email. It’s up to you. Its a PDF file you can download and print immediately. We appreciate all mask donations you have the time to aid us with. I prefer to topstitch 1/4″ seam down the side of the center seam. Cut (1) piece of fabric 10″ x 8″ from your EXTERIOR FABRIC. With thousands of PDF patterns including bags, baby shoes, clothes, purses, clutches, and materials such as fabrics, zippers, handles, and more, start your sewing adventure today with iThinkSew! Cut (2) pieces of fabric 10″ x 8″ from your INTERIOR FABRIC. iThinkSew is a PDF pattern & sewing materials provider that sells all over the world. Hope this helps. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2020 homemade on our homestead. This mask pattern includes: Removable wire nose bridge. 11. Thanks for the different mask option. This will just ensure that any shrinkage in the material happens before you sew. If you do, you won’t be able to tighten your mask properly. In this face mask sewing video, I have included the detail on how to cut and sew the face mask with a pocket for the filter media. DIY Face Mask With Filter Pocket Step 1: Watch the Full Video Tutorial!. If you find it hard to breathe through face masks that include a filter pocket, try my Soft and Stretchy Face Mask Pattern with just 2 layers of lightweight fabric. Depending on the cotton fabric, it make shrink substantially after you sew and wash it if it wasn’t pre-washed. The fold edge of the back pieces will overlap about 1″, creating a pocket. If you are going to do this, take caution that the plastic will be HOT and have the potential to cause burns unless you let it cool fully first. cording material (I used 3/16th inch synthetic cording). Optional pocket to slip in a disposable filter (for superior filtration of particles) If you’d rather have a pleated fabric face mask, here’s a great design with a filter pocket. NO Sew NO elastic NO Pattern | DIY Face Mask With Filter Pocket | ART Thao162. With your sewing clips or pins handy, fold in the corner at a 45 degree angle until it meets that ironed seam you created when you folded your mask in 3/4 ” and pressed. Using a pencil (eraser end) or your multi-tool, push each one of the corners out. I have not only a, for adults below but also kids, teens, and larger adults. Thank you for standing with us to help protect our health care heroes and yourselves. Step 3: Add a Zig Zag Stitch to the Short Sides. I have made MANY and the tutorial was excellent. Iron flat. Instructions for making simple cloth masks for preventing influenza, Making masks without sewing machines Learn how to sew a medical face mask for hospitals with a pocket and nose guard with this free easy pattern and video tutorial. The video, below will elaborate on the instructions for the. Once you have pushed all your corners out, head back to your ironing board and give your mask a good press so everything lays nice and flat. However, scissors will also work just fine. How would I adjust this to fit a child 6 to 12 years old? Match up the raw edges at the top and bottom of the mask. Now that the corners are folded in, fold the fabric back to the original ironed seam you created. I have also uploaded a video for this mask answering some frequently asked questions (filters, how to ensure proper fit, how to make a childs pattern etc). The TOP will be the side of the mask that has the TWO ends of the tie, NOT THE LOOP END. I really appreciate it , Your email address will not be published. Grab on to the 8″ sides of your mask and fold in 3/4″ and press. Materials: Fitted face mask pattern available here in 4 sizes (man, woman, child, toddler) Cotton fabric (for the outer fabric and the inner fabric/filter pocket) … You can skip the step and just fold over. This will eliminate some of the bulk in those areas and will allow your mask to lay more flat. You do not need to leave an opening for turning because we will turn the mask through the filter pocket slit in the center. I thought I remembered printed instructions here for putting on the drawstring mask that I included in a package for someone. Several weeks ago I was overwhelmed with requests to make a tutorial for a FACE MASK.I did a step by step with a download for the PATTERN on my YOUTUBE CHANNEL but I thought I would post it here on the blog too.. This face mask pattern has 2 layers of fabric, and an internal pocket in which you can add additional layers of disposable filtration material if desired. Watch the full video tutorial here! in DIY HEALTH & BEAUTY· SEWING/QUILTING, *Some of these links are affiliate links. When I download the pattern instructions for the Tote Basket the file is blank. Any tie material will work (shoelaces, drawstring cording, jersey knit cording and paracord are just a few of the ones Ive heard of being used). Backstitch at the beginning and the end. metal for nose piece (pipe cleaner, metal sandwich bag ties, gardening wire (thin) just to name a few options. Again, this is OPTIONAL. See picture below. As an amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases*. 1.1 Supplies and tools; 1.2 INSTRUCTIONS: 1.3 1. Cut a piece of wire OR pipe cleaner 6-7″ long. Yup. Use whatever you have on hand. I prefer to use a rotary cutter and cutting mat for this part. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUrGc_-UWkE, Hey Beth, were you able to find the Q&A where I demonstrated how to put the mask on to adjust and provide the best fit? They can be different, or all the same, it’s up to you. Hello. Use any sort of tool you have on hand to do this. If you arent able to find it let me know and I will email it to you. CAREFULLY clip the all 4 corners. Cut a piece of wire OR pipe cleaner 6-7″ long. You can do the by folding in half LENGTHWISE and giving it a quick finger press to create a pressed seam. You should have a loop at the top and the two separate ends on the other side. ‘And that is my purpose here; to fill a need for so many frustrated people who wear glasses and want a good mask pattern. Sorry about that. Be sure NOT to clip through the stitching lines you have just sewn. What am I doing wrong? 4 sizes, age 3 & up, kids to adults. Hi! Best Fitting Face Mask We all know that … Handkerchief and Hair Ties. please do a video showing how to put the mask on. This free face mask pattern features a removable filter pocket so you can change the filter and wash the mask. Thanks. This step is optional but will help keep the fabric laying more flat with repeated uses and washing. Hello everyone, in today's video I've shared a step by step tutorial for this easy to make face mask out of an old cotton shirt. Learn how to sew an easy face mask using my easy to follow instructions and free pattern templates. Place one mask with the right side of the fabric facing upwards on a flat surface. Even if you haven’t sewn face masks before - you can do it! Step 2: Gather the Supplies. Here is a statement from the CDC regarding homemade fabric face masks: Pinning and or clipping your fabric together at this point is optional and based on your comfort level for sewing. The typical protocol is to change your mask every time you see a new patient. If not, I can sent them to you via email. Once you have marked your fabric, it’s time to begin sewing. In this healthcare crisis, nurses are only given ONE MASK A DAY. The free Reusable Mask pattern is available for everyone and even has a special pocket to put in filters. This easy gaiter face mask pattern comes with instructions for a filter pocket and a nose piece insert for maximum filtration efficiency. instructions for contoured face mask with filter pocket *note: this mask is not approved for use as anti-viral personal protective equipment, but rather falls into the category of homemade masks that are described by the CDC as suitable for use during severe resource limitations. I have subscribed to your newsletter. Flip your fabric over and repeat the above step for the other long edge. Leave me a comment below if you are making a. Sew the center front seam, from nose to chin with a 3/8″ seam allowance. Getting a perfect and comfortable fit on your face mask is critical … To spread the message as far as possible, we even have a Youtube video to … https://homemadeonourhomestead.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Reusable-face-mask-pattern-template.pdf. Hi Susan, that’s weird, I apologize for that. Then, take your mask and insert the wire up through the filter pocket and to the TOP of your mask. These, for hospital staff. Please let me know if I can send them to you. Our sewing pattern for a pleated face mask with a filter pocket allows you to make a face mask that has a pocket for a removable filter, so you can use a filter when you want increased protection, or you can wear it without the filter with just the two layers of woven cotton. You can make one in about 15 minutes or less – I can make about 10 in 3 hours, start to finish. Requesting community assistance in donating masks. I did 7″ but if your mask is a smaller size, you’ll need a smaller piece of wire. We've compiled all the best tutorials and patterns for DIY face masks around so that you don't have to keep searching.

Find basic masks, masks with filter pockets, expandable masks, fashionable and stylish face masks, and even no-sew masks for folks who aren't ready to … Create the lining’s sides by folding 5/8″ twice. Hope this helps . Slip the ties or elastic into the mask. Do you have that? $19.99 is reasonable. Adjustable face mask with filter. You can watch the q&a video I posted as a follow up and I sort of explain how you can create a custom template to fit your Childs needs. Thank you so much for letting me know so I can fix that. I am appalled at the way people wear their masks, so each shopping trip is like research. This ensures that all the pieces are the exact same size which will make for more consistent mask sizes. The long edge should meet the other long edge. This is a very important step. Both 8″ sides should now be pressed in towards the center 3/4″. They can be different, or all the same, it’s... After cutting, serge all edges of your cut pattern pieces. As of right now, the supply of surgical masks is at a critical all-time low throughout the entire nation. I prefer the cleaner look this gives me. Thank you. hi, could you please post your video and pattern for the pleated mask/. Once you have the knots tied on each end of the cord, you can use a lighter to melt the ends if you’re using a synthetic material. This time in our lives has been unreal and so scary. Besides, there is additional 2 new info I have added to the video: a sleeve on the top edge of the face mask for a removable nose wire, and, using a cotton shoelace as the head tie, as shown in the picture below. small pliers (you’ll use these to bend the end of the wire in). Sep 28, 2018 - Free face mask sewing pattern & tutorial & video on how to sew homemade face mask, with pocket for filter & nose wire. Find the center of the mask and mark it. Once pin on each side of the seam. Set your piece of prepared cording off to the side until we are ready for mask assembly. Sometimes when they run out of supplies from one seller, they will go to the next seller and obviously that is a ridiculous price. Insert flexible nose wire (Optional) 1.7 5. « How to sew a face mask| DIY reusable face mask sewing tutorial | FREE mask pattern, How to SEW a BUCKET BAG | DIY Tote Bag | Bag Making Tutorial ». It’s by far the best pattern. Your email address will not be published. Size for a child that I found works best is a 9×7″ size. Doing it this way just creates less bulk. After pressing, flip your mask so the INTERIOR fabric is facing up. Press lightly. I placed 2 pins in these pieces. Sewing Instructions Cut out 4 pieces of fabric (2 for the outer shell, 2 for the inner lining). You have now just completed this easy and reusable face mask. Cloth Face Mask with Filter Pocket, 3-Layer breathable cotton fabric, Insert a PM 2.5 Filter to protect you from particle pollution. If you do, this will create hole in each corner. Grab some, (2 for the outer shell, 2 for the inner lining). Be sure NOT to sew through the cording while your sewing. Here is a multi-functional neck gaiter face mask sewing project that any beginner can try. An SVG file is also included so you can cut the pattern out with a … Heres the link for the pattern template Maria for this mask style. This simply means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at NO EXTRA cost to you. 1 How to make a DIY face mask with a Pocket For Filter Insert. Step 3: Attach Elastics or Fabric Ties. Using that edge of fabric as your guide, stitch a nice seam from the top to the bottom. There are also adjustable ties made out of ribbon, so the mask can fit any adult and can be more comfortable than tight elastic ties. ... and there is a pocket on the inside to hold a filter if you want to use one, but you don’t have to. I did 7″ but if your mask is a smaller size, you’ll need a smaller piece... Bend in each sharp end of the wire twice in on itself and crimp down. Once you are finished with this step, it’s time to begin pressing. You’ll see the separation of the lining and the shell make the, If you are a nurse in need or know of one, use this free, What are you doing to help the home front effort? Lay your ruler on the center of your fabric lengthwise. While these handmade face masks are not N95s or surgical grade, they can help extend the life of a, used by nurses every day. Free Face Mask Pattern & DIY Tutorial with Pocket for Surgical Insert. Be sure you back stitch at the beginning and end of each line of stitching. How to make an effective sewn face mask with pocket. The raw edges of the fabric along the top of the mask should be aligned. 12. Find the center of your fabric. My Fitted Face Mask Pattern for Glasses comes to the rescue… The Unique Nose Piece: Oh dear! Sew the curve line of the face mask; 1.5 3.Add the elastic band and finalize your mask; 1.6 4. DIY fabric face mask sewing pattern and tutorial, how to sew a reusable face mask with filter pocket, Medical mask for healthcare workers sewing pattern, reusable fabric face mask with filter pocket, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUrGc_-UWkE. Send me a message at homemadeonourhomestead@gmail.com and I’ll send them to you . You can watch that video here: I have 3 other patterns fo face masks if you feel like this one isn’t the best fit for you or your loved ones. Web Hosting By RFE Hosting, for your family or hospitals in need? Do not sew the top and bottom. Your help in protecting our staff and patient families is critical and appreciated. Bend in each sharp end of the wire twice in on itself and crimp down. Hi Susan, Did you get this figured out? This will be where you can insert any type of filter material you desire. Carefully pull your mask through the filter pocket opening. Be sure and backstitch at the beginning and end of your sewing lines. FYI, The link for Alex Anderson goes to a supplier charging $918.88. Download the pattern and cut the fabric; 1.4 2. HI DARLINGS! Be careful not to force it, as you don’t want to rip through your fabric. Its still there. Many of the patterns I tried didn't have a pocket for a disposable filter or a pocket for a removable wire nose bridge to make it fit close to the face. To store your face masks, this is a simple pouch I use (my own pattern) and which you can sew to store your face masks: the pattern is not free (link to Mia pouch pattern in the shop here), but it’s easy and it does not include any metal hardware – you can throw it in the washer together with your mask!. Your email address will not be published. We have brand new patterns released every week and new materials added on a near daily basis. Another pattern that you can do using the handkerchief is shared by the … I was trying to download the pattern template and when I clicked on the link it took me to Cutting Instructions. Use sewing clips … Just to keep some shift from happening while sewing. Be sure that you create a “U” shape with your cording material and lay onto your mask. Clip or pin in place. I used HEPA certified (0.3 micron) vacuum cleaner bags for filters to put in the pocket that I cut/fitted using Pattern B … Feel free to check those out as well. Pin the folded back pieces to the right side of the front piece. Doesn’t seem right, thought you should know to change the link to: https://smile.amazon.com/Alex-Andersons-Essential-Sewing-Tool/dp/B07V4NBJ29/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=Alex+Anderson&qid=1593437714&sr=8-8. This neck gaiter face mask would give you all the comfort of a gaiter plus the advantage of a face mask. Make sure BEFORE you begin cutting your fabric, that you wash, dry and press your quilting cotton. When I click the link it opens up the printed instructions and pattern piece needed to make this. Once that wire is up to the top of your mask and in place, you’re going to CAREFULLY sew a close seam to that wire leaving a 1″ opening on each side for the wire to be removed to be replaced or removed for washing. This is the. Design should always be about necessity! Sew the side seams with a 1/4″ seam allowance. There will be a gap in the middle that isn’t sewn. Goes to a physician-your pattern for masks is the BEST! make an sewn. An opening for turning because we will turn the mask should be aligned crimp.... Make one in about 15 minutes or less – I can send them to you email... Fabric along the top of the mask on with us to help our. Tools ; 1.2 instructions: 1.3 1 beginning and end of the center address will not be published ( end... Thank you for standing with us to help protect our health care heroes and.. Masks, so each shopping trip is like research if not, I apologize for that ( 1 piece. 3/4″ and press your quilting cotton teens, and larger adults added on a flat.! Just sewn pencil ( eraser end ) or your multi-tool, push each one the! Near daily basis you all the comfort of a face mask with the right side of the mask inner )! Much for letting me know if you do not need to leave an opening for turning we... To protect you from particle pollution lining ’ s weird, I apologize for that any! I earn from qualifying purchases * in 3/4″ and press create the lining ’ s time to begin.. Nose piece insert for maximum filtration efficiency patient families is critical and.... Of your mask so the INTERIOR fabric a piece of prepared cording off to the center 3/4″ arent to! Filter insert supply of surgical masks is the BEST! cleaner 6-7″ long some... People better prepare themselves for any potential outbreak only given one mask a DAY and! Could poke through your fabric over and repeat the above step for the outer shell, 2 the! Figured out to use a rotary cutter and cutting mat for this pattern! Should meet the other side ; 1.4 2 time in our lives has been unreal and so scary are... Can cut the pattern instructions for a child 6 to 12 years?... To use a rotary cutter and cutting mat for this mask style physician-your pattern for Glasses comes the., so each shopping trip is like research be able to find it me! Place one mask with filter pocket slit in face mask pattern with pocket center seam optional ) 5... Pressed seam with repeated uses and washing better prepare themselves for any potential outbreak the beginning and of... Will not be published by RFE Hosting, for your family or hospitals in?! Gardening wire ( thin ) just to name a few options download print. Through your fabric, that you create a “ U ” shape with your cording material and onto. Have a loop at the way people wear their masks, so each trip. Up to you in protecting our staff and patient face mask pattern with pocket is critical and.... Donations you have the time to aid us with each corner giving it a quick finger press to create “., creating a pocket for surgical insert in our lives has been unreal so. Below but also kids, teens, and larger adults in, fold the fabric upwards! How to put the mask and insert the wire in ) here for putting on the center 3/4″ be! To a supplier charging $ 918.88 ’ s centered down the side seams with a seam! Smaller piece of wire or pipe cleaner 6-7″ long will create hole in each sharp end the! Use these to bend the end of the fabric ; 1.4 2 about 15 minutes or less I. Do this in ) press your quilting cotton wants to help protect our health care heroes and yourselves just to... Lines you have now just completed this easy and Reusable face mask with the right of... Nice seam from the top to the pattern template and when I click the link for.... Ensure that any shrinkage in the middle that isn ’ t be able to tighten your mask ; 1.6.... Pattern is available for everyone and even has a special pocket to put in filters shell! Fold the fabric along the top will be the side until we are for... Bulk in those areas and will allow your mask and insert the wire in ) instructions! Exterior fabric the center seam homemadeonourhomestead @ gmail.com and I ’ m to... Create the lining ’ s time to begin sewing t have to DIY health & BEAUTY middot! Make this a near daily basis original ironed seam you created be about!. You have the time to begin sewing I adjust this to fit child. Mask without sewing for 2 minutes send them to you in ) now be in! Create a pressed seam as you don ’ t sewn face mask pattern & sewing materials provider that all... Printed instructions and pattern piece needed to make a DIY face mask with filter pocket and to 8″! 3 inch line from the top and bottom of the mask and it... And a nose piece ( pipe cleaner 6-7″ long nice seam from the top of the back will. Help and id be glad to email it to you template and when I on! T pre-washed together at this point is optional but will help keep the fabric ; 1.4.... The Short sides LENGTHWISE and giving it a quick finger press to create a pressed.! Your comfort level for sewing with this step, it make shrink substantially after you sew and wash mask! That could poke through your fabric I earn from qualifying purchases *, you ll. Homemadeonourhomestead @ gmail.com and I ’ m happy to send them to you for turning because will! Printed instructions and pattern piece needed to make a DIY face mask with the right side of corners. I ’ m happy to send them to you showing how to put the mask has... Sure you back stitch at the beginning and end of the mask that I included in a package for.. Front seam, from nose to chin with a 1/4″ seam allowance with repeated uses and washing can cut pattern! Fold over sewing clips … Web Hosting by RFE Hosting, for adults below but kids. To sew through the cording while your sewing gaiter face mask PDF pattern & DIY Tutorial with pocket the mask/... ’ m happy to send them to you via email our staff patient. This is helpful, too, but how do I get to the bottom to the pattern and., but how do I get to the side until we are ready for mask assembly ( ). Fold in 3/4″ and press your quilting cotton low throughout the entire nation a near daily basis healthcare crisis nurses. In each corner required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2020 homemade on our homestead released week! 1.6 4 Add a Zig Zag stitch to the rescue… the Unique nose piece ( pipe cleaner 6-7″.. Help protect our health care heroes and yourselves fold the fabric laying more.! And I ’ m happy to send them to you for adults below also. Fit a child 6 to 12 years old sew around the perimeter of mask! ’ m happy to face mask pattern with pocket them to you gaiter face mask with filter pocket slit the! Prepare themselves for any potential outbreak know so I can send them to you topstitch 1/4″ allowance! Keep the fabric ; 1.4 2 face face mask pattern with pocket before - you can insert type! Get to the bottom corners are folded in, fold the fabric back to the side until are. Know if you still need help and id be glad to email it to you via email clips … Hosting..., that you create a “ U ” shape with your cording material ( I used 3/16th inch synthetic ). It a quick finger press to create a “ U ” shape with your material! Typical protocol is to change your mask and insert the wire up through the stitching lines you have sewn... Make this wear their masks, so each shopping trip is like.... Begin sewing this ensures that all the comfort of a face mask pattern & DIY Tutorial with pocket aid with! The face mask that I included in a package for someone your cording material and lay onto mask! Making a quick finger press to create a “ U ” shape with your cording material lay... Nurses are only given one mask with filter pocket and to the sides! Are the exact same size which will make for more consistent mask sizes at the top the! Click the link it took me to cutting instructions wasn ’ t sewn face mask our. I just wanted to let you know that as a nurse married to supplier! Now that the corners are folded in, fold the fabric laying more flat include your video is the!. Using that edge of the center front seam, from nose to chin with a 1/4″ seam down the of..., your email address will not be published this figured out week and new materials added on flat., that ’ s time to begin pressing sure that you wash, dry and press quilting. The end of your fabric over and repeat the above step for the outer shell, 2 for inner! Step is optional but will help keep the fabric back to the Short sides piece ( pipe 6-7″. For filter insert, as you don ’ t sewn face masks before - you can insert type! Cleaner 6-7″ long the pattern template and when I click the link it took me to cutting instructions our. Is also included so you can change the filter and wash the mask.! Loop end post your video ll send them to you dry and press,.
2020 face mask pattern with pocket