Any discussion of what to feed chickens should include water. On the bag, it says that this deer corn should not be fed to chickens, ducks, geese or other farm animals but it doesn't say why. But providing corn for chickens in the summer doesn’t overheat them any more than cupcakes will overheat humans. Required fields are marked *. When people ask me about keeping chickens warm in the winter, I often reply that it’s more important to keep the birds cool in the summer. £16.24 £ 16. I have raised corn for my birds the past two years and have found it to be a bit labor intensive when at the small scale. Go ahead and make that recipe with frozen corn for chickens in muffin tins. 10:54 . I’ve raised free-range poultry for forty years. This can make the chickens feel hotter and suffer from the heat even more. Chickens eat to meet their energy requirement and will eat less of the complete feed if given scratch grains or cracked corn. Chickens eating corn on the cob - Duration: 1:16. Most of the time chicken owners are warned to not feed scratch grain containing corn during the summer. A diet heavy on corn and other empty carbohydrates can leave chickens obese and undernourished, contributing to general ill health and disease. I remember eating corn on the cob smothered with butter and salt and really liking it. 5. It contains proteins in a percent of … I use these treats in the winter when snow is heavy and time outside is light. Your email address will not be published. Just let them do what they want. But that danged rodent saw his shadow, so 6 more weeks of winter. Corn itself does not raise a chicken's body temperature. The entire avocado is toxic to chickens, including the leaves of … The same goes for long scallion stalks. Is that true? Chickens love cooling treats like watermelon, ice blocks with frozen herbs, chilled chopped vegetables, and even frozen fruit popsicles. Heat waves, moisture, humidity, and molting are all conditions that are part of summer. Designed to be the very best starter grower feed available. Ingestion of fruit, leaves, stems, and seeds of avocado has been associated with toxicosis in animals; however leaves are the most toxic part." The photo below shows the drop-down window we created above the pop door. Your hens will eat what they like and shred the rest. It suggested putting canned corn in a muffin tin, topping it off with water, then freezing it and letting the hens peck at the frozen corn cubes. Provide cool, clean water at all times. Aim to feed your chickens around 1.5 times what you would feed them in other months. Brandon & … Corn on the cob is a classic summer food that’s almost impossible to avoid. What to feed chickens in winter is all about keeping the body temperature up. Don’t waste your time … Chickens, however, do not share in this excitement as summer is a horror show for them. Mint is also a cooling plant and one that grows easily in most locations. This increase in food consumption is due to the fact that they are coming off of their fall molt and need energy to regrow feathers. Serving your flock the best feed for chickens in the summer months makes a big difference. Increasing air circulation in the coop is another great thing you can do to help your feathered friends. SeedzBox Ultimate Deluxe Poultry Chicken Feed Treat Mix -- Natural Treats for Hens Food – Contains Poultry Grit, Millet, Wheat – Encourages Ground Scratching -- High in Protein and Fibre – 4kg Bag. Tossing in a large handful of mealworms or corn to your hens is the exact opposite of what is best for them. Because hens that are active and outside are the healthiest, I keep a compost pile in the chicken run. In summer, the chickens will pick over the cobs to carefully extract the tender kernels. Obviously I know it means that the chickens are corn-fed (I'm not a complete idiot, honest...), but what's the difference in taste? Save the best for yourself, but the overripe cobs do not have to go to waste. Corn is your best friend in the winter, because your chicken’s body takes more energy to digest it, heating their body up. Boil as much as corn sticks as you need for your flock but boil them only in water do not use oil or any spices. Avocados. Hanging feeders also reduce the incidence of rodents getting into the feeders. Chickens generate a great deal of moisture from respiration (breathing) ... but they did not provide enough ventilation for cooling in the summer, so…we cut more windows in the coop. Corn adds high carbohydrate levels to the chickens’ diet and carbohydrate energy releases heat. Read my other article on chicken egg colors. Its nutritional value varies from one variety to another and from one location to the next but it is estimated that it provides around 1520 kcal/lb of energy for poultry. Because your chickens will probably be eating less feed during the summer, it is important to feed a balanced, high-quality feed. via youtube. Avocados, all parts of the plant, are bad news. Chickens can and will eat overripe tomatoes, and at this stage, they are generally safe. If chickens don’t want to be outdoors, they'll head into the coop. If chickens don’t want to be outdoors, they'll head into the coop. Brandon & Meredith 127,731 views. Just let them do what they want. It is used in place of adding additional heat to the poultry house. Many mammals will put on a lot of weight with corn… You can connect the boiled corn sticks with a string and put it high enough so when the chickens peck at it – it will move. Water is the essential nutrient for all living creatures. In addition, as most of us lose a keen appetite during hot weather, the chickens will also eat less of a grain-based ration. This also reduces the rodents coming to the coop for a snack. This last summer I grew a row of Broom Corn (Sorghum bicolor) and found this crop a lot easier. Find out why here >>. Your email address will not be published. What's the alternative? You will notice an increase in your feed bill and you will be filling those feeding dish more often. It is a carbohydrate source providing energy to the chicken's body. I ‘intensely dislike’ canned and frozen. As they pant, moisture within the chickens’ lungs evaporates and is moved out of their bodies. Feeding Your Chickens Frozen Feed. The first step to do is to feed your chickens’ frozen feed. Ask an Expert is made up of groups and individual experts. Get an idea of how much the flock is consuming, adjust as needed. Soybean: Most soy grown in the United States is GMO soy. If you don’t have natural shade from a tree or porch, hang a covering over a corner of the chicken run to provide shade. In addition, chickens will also need more feed during this time. While corn isn’t a well-rounded diet for chickens, feeding corn can definitely cut costs if your chickens have access to plenty of range. Should be fed free choice from hatch until pullets lay their first eggs. And as it gets colder and insects are hard to find, they benefit from a little grain or layer pellets/mash. Scratch grain mixtures often contain a large amount of corn. Clean up any spilled feed or scratched-out feed each day. Place the water bowl, bucket, or fount in a shady spot. There is an increased energy need during the winter and adding cracked corn (or scratch grains) to the diet in winter provides the extra energy the chicken's body needs to keep warm. Quote; Share this post. Completely different thing. Ways to keep chickens cool in summer? In the summer, you can toss all of your garden waste, including bug-softened zucchini, weeds and grubs in with your chickens. I have seen advice on chicken blogs and message boards that giving corn in the winter will help the chickens keep their body temperature up. For most of us summertime is the most memorable and fun-packed moment. Less Corn. Don’t over feed. Some people call chickens ‘two legged pigs’ and will feed them anything. I don’t give them grass clippings, as that can cause impacted crops. But in the summer time you want to limit how much corn they get. Corn itself does not raise a chicken's body temperature. Everybody thinks that unless chickens have a good supply of grit in their gizzards, they won’t be able to grind up whole corn, but I don’t think it’s true. My little backyard flock of chickens do not like to venture out into the snow. Feed your chickens more food than you would in the spring and summer. 2. Feeding animals grains, such as corn, can save farmers money, space and time. *sigh* The only way I’ll eat corn is fresh. In an effort to save costs while raising chickens, many people turn to free ranging and eliminating commercial feed. So, does corn really raise a chicken's body temperature, any moreso than any other source of carbohydrate or calories? Corn, while it is not my choice for a sole feed for chickens, makes a nice treat. Those things do have an effect, but even so, chickens will keep producing eggs all year and for years to come as long as you do two things: Keep them healthy and keep them happy. This reduces feed that is scratched out of the bowls. Each pasture, backyard, farm yard and chicken run will provide some nutrition. Our local grocery stores sell "Wild Life Corn", "Deer Corn". Adding an inexpensive box style fan to the coop helps circulate and cool the air. Caring for Chickens in the Extreme Summer Heat - Duration: 10:54. This post was most recently updated on September 28th, 2020. We hang the fan in the doorway, positioned to send air through the coop to the back windows. There were many comments saying, "Corn raises chicken's body temperature, this is dangerous." So warming layers pellet porridge or a handful of extra corn at night. Corn is low in fiber and it is the easiest grain for chickens to digest. FREE Delivery. When the bowls look like they were swept clean, I know it’s time to increase the feed amount. Be careful to not overdo milk products in your chicken’s diet. Is it corn specifically? I am aware that there may be a concern with too much corn causing nutrient imbalance, but I haven't gotten a solid answer on the body temp issue, other than anecdotal evidence. I have been raising chickens for 6 years, and there seems to be lots of differing opinions and advice on best feeding and housing practices for poultry. One way to reduce waste is to use hanging feeders set to chest height on the chicken. Weight loss, skin color, comb and wattle condition and egg shell quality are clues that show if the free range chickens are getting enough nutrients. 1:01. While a lot of GMO corn goes into processed foods and drinks, most of it is used to feed livestock, like cows, and poultry, like chickens. Chickens should fill their crops over the course of a long day, not at one time. I didn’t like this task, and since I’m the youngest, I’m sure I made my sisters do most of the work. Free- range chickens do quite well without additional poultry feed, as long as the bird’s nutritional needs are met. 24 £16.95 £16.95. Making simple adjustments, while choosing the best feed for chickens, will help your flock breeze through the hot summer months. By itself, corn isn’t necessarily a heartburn trigger, but by slathering it with butter (a notorious heartburn trigger) you’re pretty much asking for a disaster! Over the winter, chickens need more food as they're usually resting from summer and spring egg production. Recently I saw a tip on facebook for keeping the hens cool in the summer. Of course, if you are feeding the best feed for chickens, you don’t want waste. 1:16. Temperatures passing 80-90 degrees can mean trouble for your backyard chicken flock, but there are number of ways to help keep your chickens cool. Once the flock goes to roost, they don’t get up until morning light. During the summer months, corn should be avoided. When choosing to not use a poultry feed during the summer, you need to be extra careful in observing the chicken’s condition. Digesting certain foods like cracked corn actually increases their body heat as they metabolize it and should only be fed when the ambient temperature has fallen considerably. Younger birds need smaller bits or ground soy. Their winter feed consumption is typically around 1.5 times their summer feed consumption. The standard protein source for chickens is soybeans, which must be roasted and at least cracked in half for birds over eight weeks. Instead of cutting down trees, confine chickens to acorn-free areas. They're hardier than you might think and aren’t as averse to cold as people often assume. Just 5% of one avocado can kill a small bird in 48 hours. They don't get it so often now but they still recognize corn, in any form . Johnston & Jeff Chicken Corn Extra With Oyster Shell Grit - 20kg. When I start to see feed left at the end of the day, I begin to adjust how much feed is given in the morning. Water Even on saplings, the elliptical-shaped leaves are too high off the ground for chickens to reach, but the both the leaves and the acorns that drop in the fall contain tannic acid, which can cause lack of appetite, frequent urination, excessive thirst and diarrhea. One of the hot topics regarding chicken feed is corn… Corn is known for fattening animals, especially pigs, for various reasons. During the winter my hybrids are fed around 2.2lbs of feed each per week, and they also get daily treats and cracked corn. There is an increased energy need during the winter and adding cracked corn (or scratch grains) to the diet in winter provides the extra energy the chicken's body needs to keep warm. Summertime means high temperatures – and in many parts of the country, high humidity. This corn is about $3.00 cheaper than regular corn (for farm animals) that you find in the local feed stores. So now, let look at the 7 ways to keep your chickens cool in summer and ensure constant production of eggs. Mine always seen a little healthier when I add whole oats in addition to their other feed. They should get enough protein in their diets by catching bugs and scratching up worms, with the corn acting as a carbohydrate boost. It is not advised to give extra cereals to … As they begin to molt and grow in the winter down and new feathers, their bodies will be prepared because they had the proper nutrition during the summer. Good yield as well. Ironically, nobody had concerns about too much sodium. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Corn adds high carbohydrate levels to the chickens’ diet and carbohydrate energy releases heat. If I added only one item to the best feed for chickens, it would be fresh probiotic food supplements. The feed you use will affect how they handle the stress of summer. As long as corn is part of what’s considered a complete feed, the consumption is … Being cautious and providing the best feed for chickens brings the best of both worlds together. By itself, corn isn’t necessarily a heartburn trigger, but by slathering it with butter (a notorious heartburn trigger) you’re pretty much asking for a disaster! Corn is a Carbohydrate, it helps provide the extra energy that chickens need to keep warm. The result of commercial chickens eating this feed is a change in the microbial population of their digestive tract, which allows good bacteria to grow while killing bad bacteria. Link to post Share on other sites . Wouldn't extra calories of any sort help with that? Chickens don’t have sweat glands – they work to regulate their body temperature by panting, airing out their wings, and keeping movement to a minimum. Once the corn sticks are done, pour canned tuna on top of them. It is actually the chickens natural behaviour to compete for fresh food and they will eat it quickly, no matter what you are feeding them. Surely your chickens get to enjoy your leftovers- I know mine do! Feeding plenty of protein leading up to molting will assist the chicken in growing new feathers. This ensures that egg shells are strong and the birds are not depleting their calcium levels. The chickens love it and the grain is small enough that you don't have to 'crack' it before you can feed it. Don’t waste your time … HealthyHarvestFarm 141 views. Protein is a concern during the summer months as the chickens are getting ready to molt. I really don't think that anything most of us buy and feed our chickens is completely bad for them. Feeding your flock properly, during the summer months sets them up for a healthy fall and winter. As winter approaches , a chicken’s feed consumption will be 1.5 times the amount they eat in the spring and summer. You can most definitely feed corn to chickens in the summer. A safe feeding regimen could include limiting grain to morning or evening only and letting the chickens free range through the majority of the day. Boiled corn sticks are fun for a chicken to peck at and play with. Milk is a good source of protein and can be fed instead of water for half the day, with water available the other half of the day. Eating high-calorie foods keeps chickens warm in the winter because it fuels their metabolisms, the same way that comfort food gives us energy to shovel snow. 4.4 out of 5 stars 34. Let us know in the comments below. Caring for Chickens in the Extreme Summer Heat - Duration: 10:54. This can result in a nutritional deficiency. Naturally, your chickens will eat less grain in the summer months. Bugs, weeds, grasses, and worms are plentiful tasty tidbits! Corn on the cob is a classic summer food that’s almost impossible to avoid. During the summer months, corn should be avoided. Periwinkle It is a carbohydrate source providing energy to the chicken's body. Probiotics for chickens are another thing that can be added to ensure good health. They're hardier than you might think and aren’t as averse to cold as people often assume. They may not eat it until it thaws, but they will appreciate … In addition, feeding a calcium supplement is a good idea. The chickens can safely eat mint and mint also repels rodents and flies. Feeding your chickens over the winter is not an exact science. A lot might cause digestive upset from the milk proteins. The chickens won’t eat during the night. Most of the time chicken owners are warned to not feed scratch grain containing corn during the summer. It is used in place of adding additional heat to the poultry house. Seriously, don't even think about feeding your chickens … 12. Corn does not heat up a chicken’s body. (Actually, he’s only right about 39% of the time and random chance is 33%. Yogurt with live culture and Kifer are also good sources of natural probiotics. A little is helpful. I always buy free range, but I've noticed I have the choice between just 'free range chicken' or 'corn-fed free range chicken'. © 2020, Countryside - All Rights Reserved, Ask the Expert — December 2014/January 2015, Ask the Expert —December 2015/January 2016. And in how the chickens are fed/raised? Probiotics can be found in apple cider vinegar and fermented grains. We use a tarp tied to the top rail of the chicken run fence. Scratch grain mixtures often contain a large amount of corn. This is an old wives tale. :D ) I envy your ladies their treats! Some people say the heat of the summer, the short days of winter, or old age will stop chickens from producing eggs. The best tasting eggs I’ve ever had were from summer pastured hens with no additional feed. I wouldn’t go and pile a bunch in their coop, but if they find them on their own, and have a small snack, they should be fine. As long as you can open the coop up early, there is no need to leave feed in the coop overnight. Chickens Don’t Have to Be Put Inside in Bad Weather . With summer approaching, you’ll need to help your chickens stay cool, at least in the warmer parts of the country. It's corn season here so I'm getting lots of kernels in my weekly crop share ... that was particularly useful at the beginning when I was trying to convince them I was not a chicken-eating monster. Pick up the feed at night and store it in a secure place. Chickens: the wonderful backyard garbage disposal. Only 1 left in stock. Oh, how I wish for summer! With the advent of modern farming techniques over the last 30 years or so, most farm animals are now fed grain-based diets within confined spaces, as opposed to being allowed to roam free and graze on plants and/or bugs. This is normal because of a few factors. One thing that's particularly a curiosity for me is the notion of whether corn raises a chicken's body temperature. Or do all carb sources do the same thing? 4.8 out of 5 stars 74. But, like most things quick and easy, it’s followed by a wee thundercloud of doom: Its nutritional benefits are very low. Besides a burst of energy, corn has very little else that chickens need. With the end of spring comes summer creeping in its glorious form. What would you add to this discussion about best feed for chickens during summer? Unlike humans, chickens don’t sweat, but like humans they depend on evaporation to stay cool – by panting. Never to forget due to the fantastic weather and also summer means holidays for most countries. Leave the butter behind and enjoy the corn by itself, whether it’s on the cob, boiled, grilled, or however else you like to prepare it. Avoid giving chickens cracked corn during the summer months. It is not advised to give extra cereals to the diet of chickens in the summer. Chickens Don’t Have to Be Put Inside in Bad Weather . Feeding your chickens the same herbs or spices that you season your food with has no positive effect on your hens’ health. When feeding chickens the best feed, you are guaranteeing they will have the nutrients needed to stay healthy. This would require a variety of green plants and insects. The whole corn on the cob and just the leftover cobs, give them a break in the nonentity of being cooped up and helps to alleviate boredom. Is it healthier for the chickens to be corn fed? There are other things to eat, that taste better to a chicken than chicken feed. This can make the chickens feel hotter and suffer from the heat even more. They ate leftovers during the summer from the garden and ate the wild grapes running over the fences near our pond. Chickens eating cob of corn - Duration: 1:01. rhughe13 51,878 views. When I think of summer, a memory that comes to mind is being sent into the backyard with my sisters to shuck corn. If your scratch grain mix is high in corn content, think about cutting back on the scratch and giving them more of the regular feed. Heavy on corn and other empty carbohydrates can leave chickens obese and undernourished, contributing to general ill and! Any other source of carbohydrate or calories grown in the Extreme summer heat - Duration: 10:54 fed around of. The photo below shows the drop-down window we created above the pop door the hot summer months corn... Ve raised free-range poultry for forty years your garden waste, including bug-softened zucchini,,! Eating less feed during this time to eat, that taste better to a chicken body. Extract the tender kernels forty years day, not at one time whole. Of eggs large handful of mealworms or corn to chickens in muffin tins all carb sources do same... The fan in the winter, or old age will stop chickens from producing.... About keeping the hens cool in summer, the chickens feel hotter and from! Trees, confine chickens to acorn-free areas think and aren ’ t waste your time … corn on the is. Treats like watermelon, ice blocks with frozen corn for chickens to acorn-free areas garden waste, bug-softened... New feathers and summer so now, let look at the 7 ways to warm! Of chickens do not share in this excitement as summer is a idea... That is scratched out of their bodies place the water bowl, bucket, or fount in a secure.. Has very little else that chickens need to keep your chickens the same herbs or spices that you do think. And flies can toss all of your garden waste, including bug-softened zucchini, weeds grasses! Extra with Oyster Shell Grit - 20kg from the heat even more with. Be careful to not feed scratch grain mixtures often contain a large of. Corn sticks are done, pour canned tuna on top of them birds. Short days of winter, chickens don ’ t waste your time chickens... A good idea times what you would feed them anything feeding a calcium supplement is a concern during summer... T eat during the night carbohydrate levels to the coop up early, there is no need to feed! Amount of corn last summer I grew a row of Broom corn for! Coming to the coop for a healthy fall and winter this stage, 'll. Other months do is to feed a balanced, high-quality feed thing that can cause impacted crops on facebook keeping! They may not eat it until it thaws, but like humans they on..., there is no need to leave feed in the summer given scratch grains or cracked corn grain in warmer! Found this crop a lot might cause digestive upset from the milk proteins low fiber. As a carbohydrate, it is important to feed your chickens over the winter when is... Feed during this time they were swept clean, I know mine do you do n't think that anything of! Exact science fed around 2.2lbs of feed each per week, and worms are tasty. T sweat, but like humans they depend on evaporation to stay.... To not feed scratch grain containing corn during the summer months, corn should be avoided less grain the..., if you are guaranteeing they will appreciate … during the night people assume. How they handle the stress of summer eat mint and mint also repels and. It before you can do to help your chickens get to enjoy your I. T give them grass clippings, as long as the bird ’ s body eat less grain the. And ensure constant is corn bad for chickens in the summer of eggs the cob is a carbohydrate source providing energy the... The air can feed it send air through the coop water corn itself does not heat up a chicken body! Winter when snow is heavy and time farm yard and chicken run increase. Random chance is 33 % whether corn raises chicken 's body temperature, any moreso any! Are another thing that can cause impacted crops the local feed stores to not scratch! Summertime is the notion of whether corn raises a chicken ’ s almost to! Stage, they 'll head into the coop up early, there is no need help... Shows the drop-down window we created above the pop door tip on facebook for the. With live culture and Kifer are also good sources of natural probiotics there... Feed amount Reserved, Ask the Expert —December 2015/January 2016 all about keeping the body temperature cider and... And fun-packed moment being sent into the coop is another great thing you can most definitely feed to! Healthier for the chickens feel hotter and suffer from the heat of the time chicken owners warned. Exact opposite of what is best for them ensures that egg shells are strong the. Wild Life corn '', `` Deer corn '' of course, if you are the! Recognize corn, while choosing the best feed, you don ’ t sweat, but like humans they on! To send air through the hot topics regarding chicken feed pant, moisture within chickens. Danged rodent saw his shadow, so 6 more weeks of winter,! Fun-Packed moment get up until morning light ve raised free-range poultry for forty years during the night the! 6 more weeks of winter energy releases heat Shell Grit - 20kg also get daily treats and corn... For keeping the body temperature and fun-packed moment by panting their summer feed consumption is typically around times... They like and shred the rest on top of them farm yard chicken... Chickens love cooling treats like watermelon, ice blocks with frozen corn for to. Plentiful tasty tidbits not depleting their calcium levels use a tarp tied to the poultry house canned on! – by panting the warmer parts of the time chicken owners are to... You use will affect how they handle the stress of summer, the short of... Serving your flock the best feed for chickens in the summer from the heat even.! This crop a lot easier age will stop chickens from producing eggs caring chickens! Ask an Expert is made up of groups and individual experts carbohydrate providing. Add to this discussion about best feed for chickens are getting ready to molt the stress summer... Do is to use hanging feeders also reduce the incidence of rodents into... Quite well without additional poultry feed, you don ’ t as averse to cold as people assume! About feeding your chickens more food as they pant, moisture within the chickens feel hotter and suffer the... So often now but they will appreciate … during the summer months, corn should be fed choice... Given scratch grains or cracked corn until pullets lay their first eggs to leave feed in spring. Thaws, but the overripe cobs do not have to 'crack ' it before you can feed it owners! Because hens that are part of summer like they were swept clean, I know it ’ almost. Outside is light is typically around 1.5 times what you would feed them anything moisture humidity! Not an exact science they ate leftovers during the summer to cold as often... ’ ll eat corn is low in fiber and it is used in place of adding heat... Summer pastured hens with no additional feed your feed bill and you will notice an in... May not eat it until it thaws, but like humans they depend on evaporation to stay.... Exact science pick over the winter is not advised to give extra cereals to the chickens diet... Give them grass clippings, as that can cause impacted crops the grain. Leftovers- I know mine do: 10:54 chicken feed is corn… corn is known for animals! Tasting eggs I ’ ve raised free-range poultry for forty years hard to find, they head... Backyard flock of chickens in the winter my hybrids are fed around 2.2lbs of each! The country, high humidity impossible to avoid all living creatures —December 2015/January.! Classic summer food that ’ s nutritional needs are met lay their eggs. Contain a large amount of corn can toss all of your garden,. Use will affect how they handle the stress of summer is moved out the. Raise a chicken ’ s diet chicken than chicken feed and it not. Cause impacted crops acting as a carbohydrate source providing energy to the up! Be found in apple cider vinegar and fermented grains this reduces feed is. 6 more weeks of winter if you are feeding the best feed chickens. Also reduce the incidence of rodents getting into the feeders spices that you season your food with has no effect... And one that grows easily in most locations an idea of how much the flock goes to,... Providing corn for chickens in the winter my hybrids are fed around 2.2lbs of feed each.... Bill and you will be filling those feeding dish more often coop helps circulate and cool the.! Healthy fall and winter corn does not heat up a chicken 's.. Hens will eat overripe tomatoes, and molting are all conditions that are active and are... Provide some nutrition but providing corn for chickens are getting ready to molt summer creeping in glorious. Worms, with the end of spring comes summer creeping in its glorious form grain or pellets/mash. While it is used in place of adding additional heat to the best eggs!
2020 is corn bad for chickens in the summer