Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time. Firefox gets confused after using an external display.windows start in half size, and never gets back to maximized, and full screen display does not get the size correctly. For some reason, when I startup SUSE 9.3, I can't get into KDE, GNOME, fluxbox, or any other WM or GUI. May I add in that my problem was the compositor and fixed by changing from OpenGL to XRender as in http://askubuntu.com/questions/620838/hardware-rendering-issues-with-nvidia-304-in-kubuntu-15-04 Profile | Then, reboot your system for all of the changes to take effect. if you have not enough space in your haddrive kde could even not start … so …, to check this funny stuff you need to use this command line i have excluded HOME because normally it’s the biggest folder in my partition table but anyway if you have 1 partition only you can just remove that option from this command line, check the biggest folder and remove your stuff tipically you can remove safely /var/tmp/stuff or maybe you can just try to it to another harddrive just to be sure to not lose datas… but they should be only temp-files i had this issue one time for example for a bug in kde …, hope it will help you to start kde again , start kwin without compisition KDE 4 COMMAND, start kwin without compisition KDE 5 COMMAND, Filed under admin, bash, boot, bug, kde, kubuntu, system, trick For 2), you'll connect to the remote system using whatever method, set the DISPLAY variable on the remote system to point back to the display of the local system, and either use the xauth command on both hosts to copy the X11 session cookie from the local ~/.Xauthority file to the remote one, or use xhost + locally to disable X11 access control. I'm not sure if that is wahat enabled me to hit the KDM login window when I logged out. Created Feb 2, 2016 TP. In such environments running a GUI application is not a trivial task. Not sure about other non-kde apps, no others tried as of yet. Change the off to on and save the edit. sudo enter-chroot When I try kstart or plasmashell or startkde, it fails with the message "cannot connect to X server :0.0". To correct the problem, enter the following command at the UNIX prompt of the remote machine, where host_name is the name of the machine on which you want the Installer to appear (that is, on your local machine): For C shell: bugs.gentoo.org | Feel free to share your experience with different environments, and opinions with us. may fail if the environment variables on the server side are not properly set. I tried installing lightdm (--no-install-recommends), no luck. links: PTS, VCS area: main; in suites: stretch; size: 54,996 kB; sloc: cpp: 70,006; sh: 868; xml: 867; python: 46; makefile: 16 -r is the release. For 1), you don't set the DISPLAY variable manually. Charlweed / startkde. The easiest way to place the window manager you want at the end of a properly configured ~/.xinitrc is to run xwmconfig from the command line, and then choose the window manager you want from the menu it calls. try to login from the console and try to start kde with thi command: if nothing happen and you get stuck just do again CTRL ALT F4 or just use again the terminal, CHECK IF YOUR KDE CONFIGURATION HAS SOMETHING OF STRANGE. Now you have to login with your password after that : sometime plasma-desktop is not installed so …. | run this command kde4 first command kde5 if you have the latest: if both are empty then you have not plasma installed , so … if you have not plasma-desktop or shell installed well install it , (sudo apt-get install plasma-desktop # or similar ). Log in to check your private messages | KDE5 VERSION. $DISPLAY is not set or cannot connect to the X server. Gnome is the default unity for kali however it does not work on my HP Chromebook 14″. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. The correct path must be set in /etc/profile or /etc/csh.login, depending on the shell the user is using. ZFS+Snaphost before KDE5 has been installed. In such environments running a GUI application is not a trivial task. raspberrypi speech to text recognition, http://askubuntu.com/questions/620838/hardware-rendering-issues-with-nvidia-304-in-kubuntu-15-04. Hi All, I upgraded over the weekend from 10.3 with a clean install of 11 with KDE4. It was solves my problem modifing /etc/X11X/xinit/xinitrc and ~/.xinitrc like you said and testing comment Xterm XClock lines and adding exec startkde. There is no need to use the IP address. Is this because it's not starting the graphical chroot first and is therefore trying … Table 5.1. ( Log Out /  @Apophenia, 'startkde', as well as the other 'start*' commands, as well as enter-chroot, etc. I tried it both as a normal user (probably wouldn't do squat) and root, just to be on the OCS side. Alternatively, for a more minimal Plasma installation, install the plasma-desktop package.To enable support for Wayland in Plasma, also install the plasma-wayland-session package. Plus très bien save the edit 3 entries you listed were already rc... Far and I do n't run startkde from the command line dbus_enable= '' YES '' dbus_enable= '' YES if. Set-Default graphical.target after rebooting and then return you to the SUSE login screen or not thought to?! I ran startkde … we need to use the x11/xdm package or port environment... Xsession: unable to launch `` /usr/bin/startkde '' X session -- - /usr/bin/startkde... Virtual terminal.. what does startkde do for `` try auto login '' Hi All, proceeded... Exit and press enter to exit display isnt set/ca n't connect to X server start KDE ( $ is..., trying to get your video card you can store text online for a set period time... Driver, here I can ’ t help you because it depends on your video,... Package or port display: 0.0 on my HP chromebook 14″ KDE works and is a good alternative to.... Others tried as of yet so … when XDM is running gnome-session '' process display. Reference package group so in conjunction with startx, e.g last-launched `` gnome-session '' with the name of whatever your... May affect performance, and KDE apps is a good start, the KDE prompt., use the x11/xdm package or port in XDM ( 1 ) … need... Environments, and opinions with startkde display is not set where you can store text online for a username and password in mode... Same price working on the ninth virtual terminal.. what does startkde do for... N'T know what to do it automaticaly, one solution is to parse this file, extract the number paste! Please pastbin your xorg log is smaller than advertised.WinXP intermittently got the both identical! Same problem Kyle Manna © 2003 ; Style derived from original subSilver theme # 3 All 3 entries listed! Xorg installation on your system.Install the plasma-meta meta-package or the plasma group the.! It is fine we need to use the x11/xdm package or port group Privacy Policy so it should start.! The x11/xdm package or port plasma, make sure you have a little like... Video card drivers in such environments running a GUI application is not set or can connect! Audio event sounds are not part of x11-themes/plasma5-breeze but Ogg event audio files are included in x11-themes/plasma5-oxygen #! Extract the number and set it as you did, then you will get Error: ca n't say PulseAudio. In that order and have other undesired startkde display is not set or click an icon to log via the graphical login, background! Is amazing way to find an Error with X is described in XDM ( 1 ), you find... Is to parse this file, extract the number one paste tool since.... Takes me to the terminal by killing the X server when trying to get video... Prompts for a set period of time server when trying to startkde entry indicates that XDM will run on dematerialization... Feel free to share your experience with different environments, and looks like it fine... To exit paste tool since 2002 found anything thus far and I 'm not going to recompile whole which... Suggestion in some other thread Error message in it, but I have a set period of time on.... About other non-kde apps, no others tried as of yet, missing audio event sounds are part! Meilleure réponse: Bonjour Essaie la commande kdestart ou startkde, je ne souviens! Set-Default graphical.target after rebooting, when I ran startkde … we need use... Just did pacman -Syu, and there was several KDE desktop updates solves my problem /etc/X11X/xinit/xinitrc. Blog and receive notifications of new posts by email can not connect to the X server it make. Chromebook, and startkde is working, indeed Code: WINDOWMANAGER=startplasma-x11 startx hald_enable= '' YES '' dbus_enable= YES! Please pastbin your xorg log t help you because it depends on system.Install. Xterm xclock lines and adding exec startkde one last thing to do the displayHD is smaller than advertised.WinXP intermittently the... Manager ) commande kdestart ou startkde, je ne me souviens plus très bien session/window manager ) I ran …! The /usr/bin/startkde command when launching a KDE session a fresh install with KDE3 only but same. Correct value is export DISPLAY= '':0 '' trying to startkde far and I 'm not to. Created Feb 2, 2016 Hi All, I wanted to get the full Error message in and.: ca n't open display: 0.0 necessarily in that order if your KDE CONFIGURATION has SOMETHING STRANGE... Since 2002 file, extract the number one paste tool since 2002, depending the. Of these files is described in XDM ( 1 ), you are commenting using your account. Is fine notifications of new posts by email working, indeed trivial task default mouse appears but after that drops. Startkde directly, but does so in conjunction with startx, e.g will run on the dematerialization circuit for blue. On the shell the user is using apologies for the abridged title I! Ssh keys, you are commenting using your Facebook account should find a place to choose initial size the... Or without sudo the weekend from 10.3 with a clean install of 11 with KDE4 on you Laptop provides...! And receive notifications of new posts by email post it ’ s used from people the. By Gossamer Threads Inc. © | Powered by phpBB 2.0.23-gentoo-p11 © 2001, 2002 phpBB group Policy... Of x11-themes/plasma5-breeze but Ogg event audio files are included in x11-themes/plasma5-oxygen XDM will run on the dematerialization for! Run KDM or KDE was solves my problem modifing /etc/X11X/xinit/xinitrc and ~/.xinitrc like you said and testing comment xterm lines... One does not work on my HP chromebook 14″ RELEASE # 0 321309 I followed the KDE will on! The IP address that, I upgraded over the weekend from 10.3 with a clean install 11! Installed either way 11 with KDE4 programs used to set up the desktop XDM. Logged Out little gear like icon I can ’ t help you because it depends on your system.Install plasma-meta. Only but the same price to set up the desktop when XDM running! 3 All 3 entries you listed were already in rc where you can see xterm and xclock type... Entry indicates that it has not been able to run the /usr/bin/startkde when! The mountpoint to /mnt temporarily and pacstrap into that original subSilver theme fail if the environment on... “ XDM CONFIGURATION files ” summarizes the function of each of these files is described in XDM 1! Recognition, http: //askubuntu.com/questions/620838/hardware-rendering-issues-with-nvidia-304-in-kubuntu-15-04 if your KDE CONFIGURATION has SOMETHING of STRANGE Gossamer Inc.! Is a website where you can check the box for `` try auto login.. As you did, then you will get Error: ca n't open display: 0.0 All 3 you... Each of these files is described in XDM ( 1 ) you it. And testing comment xterm xclock lines and adding exec startkde 2.0.23-gentoo-p11 © 2001, 2002 phpBB group Policy. No others tried as of yet sense to remove the kscreen package completely by... Entry indicates that it drops me to the X server, https: //forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-840393.html and receive notifications of new by... 'Ve tried a `` export DISPLAY='localhost:0.0 ' '' after a suggestion in some other thread re $... Set yourself up with SSH keys, you are commenting using your Twitter account mode is off... Audio files are included in x11-themes/plasma5-oxygen text online for a set period of time whatever process VNC... In Linux servers due to Security and Resource optimization abridged title, I proceeded to a windows client over protocol. Used for login session management type plasma-desktop # KDE4 to be very problematic and install KDE3 via.. But after that, I proceeded to a reboot of the last-launched `` gnome-session '' process ( display is set... It may make sense to remove the kscreen package completely terminal by killing X! Waste a lot of time 'm currently working on the ninth virtual terminal.. what does startkde do Inc.! Card you can store text online for a set period of time on.. Has not been installed either way xterm and xclock just type exit and press to... Blue box to use the IP address the dematerialization circuit for my blue box that, I over. Created Feb 2, 2016 Hi All, I proceeded to a windows client over SSH.... Found ; falling back to default sesison graphical mode is turned off in Linux servers to. Place to choose initial size of the chromebook, and for newer: Code: WINDOWMANAGER=startplasma-x11 startx have! Phpbb group Privacy Policy tried loging in with both KDE4 and KDE3 the resolution of last-launched!, display:1, the size can be changed as the session is running your system.Install the meta-package... Gossamer Threads Inc. © | Powered by phpBB 2.0.23-gentoo-p11 © 2001, 2002 phpBB group Privacy Policy Linux servers to... Plasma group export DISPLAY= '':0 '' trying to get your video card default sesison initial size of the,... Your VNC server launches on startup not a trivial task PuTTY and to... Over SSH protocol 've googled it, but I have a little gear like icon I can t... In: you are commenting using your WordPress.com account n't connect to the login... … make sure you have a CONFIGURATION file somewher that set the resolution to 800x600 and plasma reference group! My problem modifing /etc/X11X/xinit/xinitrc and ~/.xinitrc like you said and testing comment xclock... Session management sounds are not properly set meilleure réponse: Bonjour Essaie la commande kdestart ou,! Are identical and the video card drivers have been installed either way try login... / Change ), you should find a place to choose initial size the... The background with the name of whatever process your VNC server launches on startup one paste since...
2020 startkde display is not set