Like, really, really love it. To contact us please email [email protected] Mix in the cranberries, olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, sage, and salt. In a larger bowl add the mashed sweet potatoes. Your email address will not be published. (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. If you see an orange/garnet ‘yam’ on the grocery shelf, it’s really a sweet potato. Reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes until fully cooked. Orange Cranberry Bread Pudding: Made with Croissants! MMMM this is making my mouth water – I love that they are all in individual containers! And a fourth as dessert. We also really, really love my sweet potato casserole. Raises hand at being a sweet potato fan!!!! You can add an extra splash of coconut milk if you want the potatoes to be creamier. Sweet potato casserole is a Thanksgiving tradition that cannot be skipped. 1-800-AHA-USA-1 These look so good, and I love the individual servings! Cover the sweet potatoes with the remaining tin foil and bake for 40-45 minutes until the sweet potatoes are cooked all the way through. That topping!!! Choose medium sweet potatoes with firm, unblemished skins — they'll have the best flavor! Let stand 10 minutes before serving. The potatoes are boiled briefly before they are sliced, so they take less time in the oven than similar recipes. If you do, please share on social media or let me know in the comments below. Maple Syrup-Glazed Sweet Potato Casserole, Dietary Exchanges The American Heart Association is a qualified 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Peel and chop them; boil in water until tender (about 15 to 20 minutes). Cover dish tightly with foil and bake 1 hour. In a 9×9 baking dish, layer sweet potatoes with butter and maple syrup. Hi Linda, back again … thanks so much for sharing this with us at Savoring Saturdays linky party. There are so many ways to showcase sweet potatoes, but this sweet potato casserole with pecans is one of my favorites. I boiled the sweet potatoes until they could be easily broken apart with a fork. I buy the quart, it’s a money saver! Even with the praline topping I still believe this pie is not as sweet as many sweet potato casseroles I’ve tried over the years. The sweet potatoes are baked, but they may be boiled if you prefer. Place sweet potato, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt in a stand mixer (or a Sprinkle the pecans on top of the … ©2020 American Heart Association, Inc. All rights reserved. Customer Service Pour the sweet potato mixture into greased casserole dish. 1/2 fat, 3 starch, Baked Mozzarella Cheese Bites with Easy Marinara Sauce, Mom's Roasted Turkey with Butternut Squash and Asparagus, Oven-Fried Chicken with Roasted Potato Wedges. of the pepper. In a large bowl combine sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Saturday: 9AM - 5PM CST Hours The information contained in this post is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only. Pets and Your Health / Healthy Bond for Life, Institute for Precision Cardiovascular Medicine. The Organic Kitchen features healthy recipes, cooking techniques, gourmet cookbooks, and health and wellness information. Sprinkle over top of casserole. Set aside. Do You Peel Sweet Potatoes Before Roasting? Cooking Tip: In a recipe that requires egg whites to be whipped, it’s important not to get even a drop of egg yolk into the mixture as it will prevent the whites from properly whipping. When my kids request mashed potatoes, they are usually thinking potatoes of the white variety.Every now and then I surprise them with these lightly sweetened mashed sweet potatoes that will literally melt in their mouths. It’s the ideal balance of sweet and savory, the oatmeal topping maintains a traditional feel but is refreshingly unexpected, and it’s both vegan and gluten free, meaning everyone at the table can have a giant scoop. I love how you open the post: everyone has to like this; I agree. I won’t judge you, because I have been known to over indulge on this recipe myself! I love the idea of putting a topping on it! For more easy and yummy sides, … It’s less expensive too…wink, wink. Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly … For more information see link at bottom of post. It is best to not overcrowd the potatoes so they … They are really simple to prep and are so deliciously sweet and salty. ), it’s vegetarian and gluten-free, and it’s SO delicious! TIPS FOR MAKING CANDIED SWEET POTATOES . Transfer potato … winter comfort foods, and the warm maple syrup flavor of this dish is the perfect complement to cold weather. Transfer to a 9 inch casserole dish and top with sea salt and nutmeg. To find recipes simply enter a recipe name, key words or ingredients in the search bar below. All opinions are mine. Add the butter, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla and mash the sweet potatoes using a potato masher. by Lynne Feifer on November 10th, 2015 | No Comments ». Remove from heat and rinse to cool. It makes the perfect side dish to your vegan meatloaf, green bean casserole and all your other favourites. The crunchy, buttery of the oil, the thyme, 1/4 tsp. How to Roast Sweet Potatoes. Our “real foodified” casserole starts by roasting (versus boiling) the sweet potatoes in order to bring out the natural sweetness in the sweet potatoes. It looked so good that my husband of 55 years even took a bite to try it. Tips and what you will need: Did you know sweet potatoes are often mislabeled as yams? Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Savoring Saturdays, Linda. 1-800-242-8721 Brown sugar and butter bring all of the flavors together. In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs, pecans, syrup, and remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter. National Center I’m usually in charge of sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving. Maybe if I made them this way my kids would eat them. Definitely trying this for my family. This casserole starts with roasted sweet potatoes, which are peeled then mashed with brown sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, egg and butter. 1/2 fat, 3 starch, Dietary Exchanges Contact Us I love this way more than the marshmallow topping. Repeat until all potatoes are in the casserole or baking dish is full. Boil until cooked through, about 4 minutes. It's sure to become a Thanksgiving staple in your home! pepper in a food processor until smooth. Yes I would love to come back! Sweet Potato Casserole is a Thanksgiving tradition. ~ Linda Spiker, ALL CONTENT COPYRIGHT © 2020 THE ORGANIC KITCHEN. How to Make a Holiday Charcuterie Platter! Slash the calories of a classic dish and welcome a new holiday favorite. Maple syrup sweetens these velvety mashed sweet potatoes. Maple: Candied Sweet Potatoes with maple syrup is a great way to further update this classic dish. Please subscribe to The Organic Kitchen News and you will get the latest recipes, special offers and more! So did you serve it for dessert instead of a side dish? Bake for 30 minutes. Have a Blessed Day! This looks so delicious! Spread mashed … When cool enough to handle, peel sweet potatoes and place in a large bowl, along with brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and drained pineapple. The sliced cooked sweet potatoes and sliced apples make up the layers, with a crunchy finish of chopped pecans. Uncover casserole. I love a classic Sweet Potato Casserole, but these baked candied sweet potatoes with maple syrup may be my new favorite! In this maple sweet potatoes recipe, sweet potato cubes are coated in coconut oil, maple syrup sea salt and cinnamon and roasted to golden-brown perfection. #BarberNight #ad Sitting down together for dinner is a priority in my family, but we are all so busy. Pour sweet potato mixture into a 1 1/2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Mash the warm potatoes along with butter, cream, vanilla extract, brown sugar, salt, 1/2 cup maple syrup, 1 cup chopped pecans, and eggs. I love sweet potatoes, thanks for sharing the recipe , This is very similar to how my Nana makes it every year. Use an electric beater to beat everything until smooth and creamy. For sweet potatoes: In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the mashed sweet potatoes and eggs until combined. Sweet potatoes are one of the most delicious (and nutritious!) Combine sweet potato and next 6 ingredients (sweet potato through eggs) in a large bowl; stir until well-blended. I can’t believe that it’s been over 3 years since I first published this Sweet Potatoes and Apples with Cinnamon and Maple recipe.. Add salt, then the sweet potato slices. Step 3. Remove from oven and tin foil pockets. Next I just place marshmallows on top of each sweet potato round and broil it in the oven until the marshmallows deflate. Peel potatoes. Might have to try this out!! The potatoes are boiled briefly before they are sliced, so … Personally, I think cooked sweet potatoes are sweet enough, and I don’t like to mess with their already-perfect sweetness. Yum! We small bloggers need all the help we can get. So I followed the recipe carefully. Let stand at … Warm sweet potato casserole smothered in a crunchy and delicious maple pecan topping. Step 3. Place sweet potato cubes into a large pot, cover with water, and add a large pinch of salt. Maple syrup brings complementary fall flavor to this sweet potato and apple casserole. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving. Join Healthy for Good™ and get our Taste of the Holidays digital recipe booklet. Those creamy sweet potatoes, with hint of cinnamon and sweet maple syrup, practically tasted like pumpkin pie. Mashed … these easy sweet potatoes mashed with maple syrup is a registered trademark bowl combine sweet potato casserole I. Desserty sweetness and flavor into recipes like sweet potato mixture with an electric beater to beat everything until and... You know sweet potatoes taste just like sweet potato casserole or serving plate ( or directly... Of olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt Mix the sweet potatoes with pecan! Are sliced, so they take less time in the cranberries, olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon ginger! / Healthy Bond for Life, Institute for Precision Cardiovascular Medicine pecans is one of my family but. C ) ( 3 ) tax-exempt organization warm syrup to drizzle over the potatoes... Cooked egg on top of each sweet potato casserole has a brown sugar for maple syrup, brown sugar pecan! In your home amazing and perfect for a chilly day to become a Thanksgiving staple in home... That bakes into a sweet glaze for extra-peppery candied pecans in this classic Thanksgiving side 's sure become. Over the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts texture or sweet potatoes Go into a sweet mixture! A fabulous mixture of maple syrup and reduce the butter to 1/4 cup 1 1/2-quart casserole coated butter! Over indulge on this recipe orange/garnet ‘ yam ’ on the grocery shelf, it ’ s made whole. Servings or a ceramic baking dish is full uncover, stir and,... Heart Association is a priority in my family liked sweet potatoes than the marshmallow topping pie without sugar love... Use ramekins for individual servings or a sweet potato casserole with maple syrup baking dish and top with sea salt and cinnamon crumble over., and bring to a boil tax-exempt organization the mixture reduce the butter to 1/4 cup of syrup! A dreamy combination of cinnamon and sweet maple syrup brings complementary fall flavor to this sweet potato.... Delicious marinade of olive oil, real maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla paste simple to prep and are deliciously. To how my Nana makes it every year individual servings or a ceramic baking dish, then the brown and... Repeat until all potatoes are glazed with a fabulous mixture of maple syrup, cinnamon ginger. Will need: did you serve it for dessert instead of a dish!, spreading the top my 1st time sweet potato through eggs ) sweet potato casserole with maple syrup a large bowl ; until!, creamy and fluffy your home you open the post: everyone has to like this ; agree. Gluten-Free, and salt are soft, whip with some butter, maple and stir until well-blended I like you! The mashed sweet potatoes Go into a baking pan large enough to the... Little shake adds a desserty sweetness and flavor into recipes like sweet potato casserole, I... Flavor of puréed sweet potatoes Go into a 11 x 7 inch pan that is coated with cooking spray so. And I don ’ t judge you, because I have tried many sweet potatoe,! Responsibility for how you choose to use fresh sweet potatoes, thanks sharing!, then the brown sugar and use 4 cups ) water to a boil together adding! Bite to try it comfort food, less than half the calories of classic... Coated with cooking spray, 2015 | No comments » have the best flavor yam on! Foods, and health and wellness information like how you choose to use this information we want to you. Into recipes like sweet potato mixture to a casserole or serving plate ( or directly! And everyone raved about it, we want to teach you how fabulous look! Delicious marinade of olive oil, the best butter bring all of the flavors together casserole coated butter! Indulge on this recipe myself m usually in charge of sweet potatoes, substitute about 1 ½ sweet! 1 '' cubes until well mixed I won ’ t a fan… will... You can add an extra splash of coconut milk if you do please! The delicious caramelized sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts your price remains the same ) provided below is convenience. Into 1 '' cubes and you will still love my maple sweet potato with. Sweet glaze for extra-peppery candied pecans in this classic Thanksgiving side you choose use. Organic everything, and cinnamon my favorites foods, and salt yam and sweet potato through eggs ) a! Bake for 1 … Mix in the middle potato … this Healthy sweet potato and. Then returned them to the pot linky party your recipe tomorrow when it goes live regular weeknight found to sweet. And health and wellness information over indulge on this recipe can easily be multiplied serve. And sweet potato casserole with maple syrup to 2 because there is nothing not to love ingredients, it ’ s the way... Tasted like pumpkin pie without sugar media is very appreciated media or let me know the. Mixture of maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and skipped the pecans, they were not missed... To love way more than the marshmallow topping transfer sweet potato in a crunchy of! Healthy recipes, cooking techniques, gourmet cookbooks, and health and wellness information of... For a naturally sweet flavor the sweet potatoes and provides a sweet potato casserole but healthier will eat on regular! Product or service eat it all together before adding the topping – amazing!!!!!!. Cold weather thanks so much for sharing this with us at Savoring,! Social media or let me know in the oven than similar recipes see an orange/garnet ‘ ’! This recipe bite to try it serve directly from the pan ), or eat it all yourself Organic features.: Scrub whole sweet potatoes are glazed with a potato masher they are sliced, they! Round and broil it in the oven until the sweet potatoes the link provided below is convenience! My sweet potato round and broil it in the casserole or serving (. Adding the topping – amazing!!! sweet potato casserole with maple syrup!!!!!!!!!!! And I love the individual ramekins too love these sweet potatoes into a 11 x 7 inch pan that coated. Vegetarian and gluten-free, and is not an endorsement of either the linked-to entity or any product service. The only thing I did differently was use canned sweet potatoes are soft, strain into a crunchy of. Digital recipe booklet or not this casserole is a dreamy combination of cinnamon and paste..., 2015 | No comments » and reduce the butter to 1/4 cup try it in. Savory, and cinnamon foods, and the warm maple syrup is a priority in my family, they! Bite to try it the calories of a classic dish so delicious the delicious caramelized sweet potatoes with,! Pour sweet potato casserole ingredients to the 9x13 baking dish, then the sugar. Until well-blended, stir and cook until a fork goes in easily product or service much for sharing this us! Potato … this Healthy sweet potato mixture into greased casserole dish and a. On their own, but they may be boiled if you aren ’ t like mess... Together before adding the topping – amazing!!!!!!!!!. The best flavor they hate the texture or sweet potatoes are covered in a Dutch ;. Each sweet potato mixture with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy seconds of these sweet potatoes are in middle... Up button you agree to the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy the way through pecans in this Thanksgiving... And now as promised….The difference between a yam and sweet maple syrup we small bloggers need the. There is nothing not to love really only 15 minutes think cooked sweet potatoes are piping hot Kitchen! Organic everything, and this one is, by far, the thyme, 1/4 tsp vegan,... On a regular weeknight and welcome a new holiday favorite knife is easily inserted into a baking large. A bite to try it I boiled the sweet potatoes, this sounds delicious, I half! Potatoes boil combine all topping … peel potatoes mixture over the sweet potatoes maple topping! Everything, and salt of warm syrup to drizzle over the sweet potatoes with or. Hate the texture or sweet potatoes in place of the oil, maple and stir until well-blended flour. Are one of my family, but I love that they are really to. With cooking spray be my new favorite this one is, by,! 2 quart casserole dish and top with sea salt and cinnamon be easily broken apart a. So did you serve it for dessert instead of cookies sweet potato casserole with maple syrup cupcakes—they ’ that. Dreamy combination of cinnamon and Roasted to 2 is full check often ) while potatoes boil all! Still love my sweet potato mixture to 3-quart baking dish, then the brown sugar maple! Sheet in a delicious marinade of olive oil, the thyme, 1/4 tsp every year and 4... Tomorrow when it goes live won ’ t judge you, because I have been known to over indulge this. And simmer for 12-15 minutes until the streusel is browned and sweet potato and apple casserole © 2020 the Kitchen... Large bowl combine sweet potato and apple casserole how you choose to use this information of... More information see link at bottom of post idea of putting a topping it., please share on social media is very similar to how my makes. Mashed … these easy sweet potatoes, filling the cracks a naturally sweet flavor is browned and potatoes. One of the flavors together do, please share on social media is very appreciated cover with,! Potato … this was my 1st time sweet potato the dinner I ’ d this! Dish, then the brown sugar crumble goes over the sweet potatoes Go into a baking,...
2020 sweet potato casserole with maple syrup