Here is a list of some of the best small turtles for pets. Unlike most other pet turtles, box turtles can completely hide inside their shell. It’s the same case with these adorable tiny turtles. Others Just provide the amount they can eat in 15 minutes. There are about 270 species of turtles that you can choose from. As a pet, humans like to pick See more ideas about turtle tattoo designs, turtle tattoo, small turtles. and musk (Sternotherus spp.) These aquatic turtles stay relatively small but may grow up to 8 inches in length. I’ve fallen in love with these cute pets from the moment I saw them. They are the most friendly towards humans and that’s what makes them so popular. Box turtle With proper care, a turtle makes an ideal pet.There are many different types of turtles, and each pet turtle species needs specific care in order to flourish. Don’t overfeed your turtles. All small animals are adorable. It’s one of the reasons why people are often put off the idea of keeping turtles as soon as they hear turtles require big tanks. There are bright yellow spots on all over the body, especially on head, shell, neck, and legs. Just choose your favorite species and order! May 12, 2019 - Explore Gabrielle Wild's board "small turtles" on Pinterest. Think carefully if you can actually take care of the pet. By learning more about what each species of turtle needs for their housing, temperature requirements, food, and care will help to ensure that your pet can live as long as possible. 3. ANSWER: Like the mud turtles, musk turtles will live to be around 50 years old. Spotted turtles can get up to 3.5 to 5 inches in length. Best Pet Turtles That Stay Small and Cute ( with Pictures ... Posted: (1 days ago) Best Pet Turtles That Stay Small and Cute ( with Pictures ) ... Having a small turtle as a pet can be a lot easier than having to take care of a big one. It’s one of the reasons why people are often put off the idea of keeping turtles as soon as they hear turtles require big tanks. However, they quickly grow very large over time. That’s why in this article, I am going to list out my favorite types of pet turtles. An interesting fact about box turtles is they do not have completely webbed feet. Your email address will not be published. How Big do Rosy Boas Get? There are two popular subspecies of box turtles: ornate box turtle and the eastern box turtle. I have been keeping turtles as a pet for many years now. So for start lets talk about some more popular types of pet turtles that stay small forever: Musk Turtles (Sternotherus Odoratus): There are small pet turtles that stay small. They stay small for most of their lives so that means they would keep their adorable appearances. Spotted turtles require very clean water. to the diet to make it balanced. There is a popular sub species of eastern box turtle known as three toed box turtle which is most popular among children. Diamondback terrapins have a very striking physical appearance. You should have at least two types of lights in the setup. However, it doesn’t mean all pet turtles need the same care. Green leafy vegetables should be a part of the diet too. This can be a pretty sweet deal! Turtles that grows bigger Red-eared slider Wood turtle Map turtle Western painted turtle Small pet turtles that stay small Musk turtle Mud turtle Spotted turtle Diamondback terrapins Box turtle Pet tortoises African Small pet turtles are very adorable and cute. Want to learn about small pet turtles that stay small? Your email address will not be published. Their favorite foods in wild are various types of algae, some aquatic vegetation, insects, worms, slugs, tadpoles etc. I suggest you to make a thorough research before you buy a pet turtle. Keep a basking place in the enclosure. All turtles are small in pet shops, but over time some species of turtles can grow to big sizes. Also, remember that box turtles defecate in the water. There are different types of pet turtles. Box turtles are popular pet turtles native to the United States. I admit that pet turtles are relatively easy to care for than dogs or cats. See more ideas about Pet turtle, Tortoises, Turtle. Setting up an aquarium or terrarium (in the case of box turtles) for turtles that stay small is simple and stress-free. Box turtles have a high dome shape shell. Box turtles are very common as a pet. One adult common musk turtle can happily live in a 20-gallon aquarium. Musk turtles commonly referred to as the common musk turtle, eastern musk turtle, or stinkpot are small freshwater turtle from the family Kinosternidae. Here is a list of some of the best small turtles for pets. Muntaseer is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, Tortoise Town, and few other sites. In addition to these turtles, other types of turtles that are suitable for pets include the mud turtle, green turtle, terrapin, and musk turtle. The UVB lamp helps in the synthesis of vitamin D3 in the shell. Consider upgrading the current tank if your turtle grows at faster rates. I know how hard it can be to find a reputable online turtle store these days. Care Instructions for Small Pet Turtles That Stay Small Forever When looking into the proper care and maintenance for many tortoises it’s important to understand some of their basic needs. This proves to be difficult for many turtle owners. Unlike the other species on this list, the box turtle spends most of its time on land. See more ideas about Baby turtles, Turtle, Cute turtles. In this article, we’ll closely look at the smallest turtle species. That’s why I’ve created this website to share my turtle keeping knowledge with you. However, the smaller the tank is, the easier it gets for cleaning. 1. Some pet shops may tell you that these species will stay small, don’t get tricked! Red-eared sliders, one of the most common pet turtles, can be found for as little as $20 in pet stores, while some types can be purchased from breeders at a much higher cost. Their carapace length reaches a maximum size of 4 inches. A single baby reeves turtle will live finely in a 15-gallon water tank. So, what’s the difference between keeping smaller and bigger species of turtles? Contrary to the claims of ignorant or unscrupulous dealers who assert that turtles will remain small if kept in tiny enclosures, healthy turtles grow quickly when provided with proper care. However, also supplement the diet with other types of proteins such as insects, worms, chopped fishes, snails etc. The enclosure should also have a basking place where the turtle can get on and dry itself completely off. Reeves turtle has a black to tan shell color. With such a huge list, a beginner can easily get confused on what species of turtle to go for. All of these turtles stay smaller than five inches and are readily All information, content, materials on this site, or obtained from a website to which the site is linked are provided to you “as is” without warranty of any kind either express or implied. You can provide pelleted turtle foods to Reeves turtle along with some green leafy vegetables. The information, content and material contained on the site is intended to be of a general nature only and is not intended to constitute professional/medical advice. It will let the turtle to completely dry off. They are small pet snakes that stay small, have a nice temperament, and are great beginner snakes all around. In this article, at first, we are going to discuss … Musk turtles can make great beginner pets as they don’t require much attention from the owner. They all mean the same thing that is a small turtle. They stay fairly small throughout their lives reaching sizes between 3 and 5 inches. You should feed your small pet turtles 4 to 5 times a week. So you think you want a pet turtle, but you aren't sure which turtle is right for you. They are just like any other pet animal. TortoiseTown is the best place for buying box turtles right now. There are a All of these turtles stay smaller than five inches and are readily The shell is smooth. If you are interested, don’t forget to check this store. These turtles are famous for their climbing ability; they can even climb trees. Males are a bit larger than the females. Looking for a reliable seller to get Diamondback terrapins? You can find these turtles by many names such as dollar turtles, mini turtles, dwarf turtles, or quarter turtles. Musk turtles have a brown to a black color shell. Map turtles are among the most popular small turtle breeds kept as pets. Their diet mainly consists of snails, fishes, worms, insects and other types of proteins. Musk turtles can live for up to 50 years long in captivity. They have a high domed shell. Mud and musk turtles are primarily aquatic, though they require a small land area on which they can bask. Turtles are generally a messy animal and they make the water dirty very quickly. eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'aquaticpals_com-box-3','ezslot_6',104,'0','0'])); These small turtle breeds won’t exceed more than 5 inches and will stay relatively small throughout their lives. It’s the same case with these adorable tiny turtles. I can’t say enough how wrong they are. Turtles will often outgrow the tank they live in. In captivity, a good turtle commercial food will provide them almost all of the necessary nutrients. However, there are turtles that are small in size even in the adult stages of their lives. Small pet turtles are also known as various names in the market such as dollar turtles, miniature turtles, dwarf turtles, quarter turtles etc. Turtles that grows bigger Red-eared slider Wood turtle Map turtle Western painted turtle Small pet turtles that stay small Musk turtle Mud turtle Spotted turtle Diamondback terrapins Box turtle Pet tortoises African And the biggest problem turtle enthusiasts face off. Don’t be confused. Did the turtles on this list meet your expectations? Pet Turtles That Stay Small You may be interested in a turtle species that stays relatively small. This is because they are hardy strong swimmers that are easy to care for. Slider turtles come in varying sizes from the smallest being about five inches to the largest growing to about a foot with the female of the species being larger than the male. Pet Frogs Pet Lizards World Turtle Day Turtle Time Types Of Pet Turtles Turtles That Stay Small Turtle Information Turtle Breeds Pet Shark Midland Painted Turtle Information and Pictures - Pictures The Midland Painted Turtle is a good option for beginner turtle … So, they are not a good swimmer at all. Knowing the gender of your softshell turtle will always give you advantages. Box turtle With proper care, a turtle makes an ideal pet.There are many different types of turtles, and each pet turtle species needs specific care in order to flourish. I recommend using a good canister filter for the filtration system. So, if you are interested, read the whole article! There are 8 species that have small sizes and can be kept as house pets: Mud turtles Musk turtles Box turtles Spotted turtles Bog turtles Padloper tortoises Reeve’s turtles Diamondback terrapins Having a small turtle as a pet In captivity, you can make up their diet with a good turtle commercial food. As they stay small, you don’t need to spend a huge fortune on buying a 100-gallon tank. There are over 250 species of turtles. They all mean the same thing that is a small turtle. Nov 3, 2020 - Explore Steve Brosnikoff's board "Types of pet turtles" on Pinterest. They require less maintenance. However, our focus today is on the small tortoises, tortoises with lengths of under a foot. The habitat should contain a powerful filtration system, proper light system, and a basking spot. They are called so because they hibernate in the mud. The males tend to have fewer spots than the females. Like most other species, red-eared sliders are omnivorous and enjoy both plant matter and a range of insects. Jun 19, 2018 - Explore Brooke's board "Small turtles" on Pinterest. As they are semi-aquatic, they need to have both land and water in their habitat. In some areas where certain species are native, owning those species is prohibited. 1. Word of caution, though! The males tend to be smaller than the females. Best Pet Turtles That Stay Small and Cute ( with Pictures ... Posted: (1 days ago) Best Pet Turtles That Stay Small and Cute ( with Pictures ) ... Having a small turtle as a pet can be a lot easier than having to take care of a big one. However, you do need to provide them with a wading pool. They are much easier to care for too. Jun 19, 2018 - Explore Brooke's board "Small turtles" on Pinterest. The size of a tank you’ll need for them is no more than 40 gallons. However, there are certain types of mini pet turtles such as the painted turtle that are naturally carnivorous and thrive in muddy environments. That’s why I always recommend beginners to start with a turtle species that is small and stays small over time. Turtles are easy to love. This is one of the most important aspects of keeping turtles. Small pet turtles are convenient to keep in your home as they only require a 40- or 50-gallon aquarium. The salesman there said Red Eared Slider stays small for their whole life. As Spotted turtles are mainly omnivorous, they eat both plant materials as well as animal foods. There is a huge list of turtles that can be kept as a pet. The shell has three keels from the back to front. link to What Are The Ideal Tank Mates Of Softshell Turtles? The most striking physical feature of a musk turtle is their heads have two parallel yellow lines. One is a heating lamp for providing heat on the basking place. Small pet turtles are convenient to keep in your home as they only require a 40- or 50-gallon aquarium. Mud turtles have a dark brown to an olive shell. Let me know in the comments below! Mud turtles are generally omnivorous. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. They are fine with much less care too! Don’t think that keep them will be a walk in the park. But that’s not the case with the smaller species. Fortunately, I have found one for you that has a collection over 30 turtle species! In all, 13 species make up the genus map turtle, scientifically called Graptemys. Chopped up fishes, snails, insects, worms etc. Basically, there are four species of musk turtles: flattened musk turtles, loggerhead musk turtles, common musk turtles, and razorback musk turtles. With proper care, a red-eared slider turtle can get to about 14 inches long! The size of the turtle can vary from around 2 inches to 4.5 inches. I always recommend maintaining your tank regularly when you are keeping small pet turtles. No turtles stay small. And, it is easy to see why. There are pet turtles that stay small forever. There are about 270 species of turtles that you can choose from. That’s why they are called box turtles. Musk turtles make great pets and are good for owners new to raising However, you also need to supplement the diet with green leafy vegetables such as dandelion, parsley, and lettuce. One of the most common mistakes of beginner turtle keepers is they buy a small baby turtle which grows larger quickly. The heat lamp helps to keep the turtle dry and the UVB lamp helps in shell growth. A couple of months ago, one of my friends went to a pet shop to buy a pet turtle. They generally stay smaller than 6 inches in length. These aquatic pets are lifelong companions and will provide you with lots of fun moments. Also, provide a basking area in the habitat. They are mostly land-dwelling turtles. Don’t mistake their size with the level of care these turtles need. Male diamondback terrapin turtles can get about 5 inches in length when they are adult. 5 Cute Pet Turtles That Stay Small Forever (Smallest Turtle Species). Unlike common pet turtles such as the red-eared slider, these types turtles stay fairly small throughout their lives reaching no more than 5 inches in length. I’ve fallen in love with these cute pets from the moment I saw them. These turtles are incredibly easy to maintain and great as a beginner pet turtle. Don’t mistake their size with the level of care these turtles need. Increase the tank size according to your turtle size. One of the most common mistakes that beginners do is, they choose a pet turtle without knowing about it. It helps to keep the tank as clear as possible. Best Breed of Turtles that Stay Small: The Musk Turtle The best beginner turtle for a new turtle owner would be a common musk turtle (Sternotherus Odoratus). However, I recommend using a canister filter which ensures the water is perfectly clean and safe. They are not very great swimmers. In captivity, a good commercial food will provide most of the essential nutrients to your musk turtle. So don’t get tricked into buying them thinking they will stay small for their whole life. Also, place some hiding spots inside the habitat so that the turtle can relax and hide if it gets nervous. Don’t be confused. You need to have two types of lighting on the tank. About a 55-gallon tank is enough to keep a spotted turtle. Terrapin turtles are one of the oldest species of animals in the Earth. However, the habitat must have enough space for swimming. Smaller turtle species are often called by the name of mini turtles. I don’t know why but every animal is cuter when it’s smaller. There is a huge list of turtles that can be kept as a pet. 6 Tortoises That Stay Small Belonging to the family Testudinidae, tortoises come in many different shapes and sizes. That’s why in this article, I am going to list out my favorite types of pet turtles. In the United States selling turtles with size under 4 inches is illegal. The list of turtles mentioned in this article won’t exceed more than 5 inches in size. Also, provide some hiding places inside the tank. They don’t require much space, they are equally fun and interesting to observe as any other pet turtle, and most importantly the cost of owning these types of turtles is far less than keeping the bigger ones. Reeves turtle mainly originated from Japan and China. Unlike the more familiar Boa Constrictor, Rosy Boas tend to stay fairly small snakes. Many pet stores and reptile dealers sell turtles that start out small, at only about 4 inches across, but quickly outgrow their tank. There are many types of mini pet turtles that are suitable for beginners. turtles are two common, hardy species that remain rather small. Even the smallest pet turtle needs plenty of space for swimming and basking. Reeve’s Turtles. Diamondback terrapins are not good hunters. Nov 3, 2020 - Explore Steve Brosnikoff's board "Types of pet turtles" on Pinterest. Reeve’s turtles commonly referred to as the Chinese pond turtles are small turtles endemic to Asia. With such a huge list, a beginner can easily get confused on what species of turtle to go for. I’ve organized their collection on this page. If you are looking for a reliable seller of mud turtles, you can check them out. Others Box turtles eat a variety of things as they are mainly omnivorous. Pet Frogs Pet Lizards World Turtle Day Turtle Time Types Of Pet Turtles Turtles That Stay Small Turtle Information Turtle Breeds Pet Shark Midland Painted Turtle Information and Pictures - Pictures The Midland Painted Turtle is a good option for beginner turtle … There aren’t turtles that stay as small as they were born. They are cute, small and can live in water and on land. Turtles need a tank with an appropriate size in order to have healthy growth. Not only they have a large selection of box turtles, you’ll also get to choose the sex & age of the box turtle. There are mainly 4 types of pet musk turtles: common, loggerhead, Razorback and flattened. Different Types of Pet Turtles The most common species of pet turtles are red eared slider and painted turtles. The other is a UVB light which helps your turtle in many aspects. In this article, I will list out all the small pet turtles that stay small. I’ve organized their collection on this page. Like other turtles, use both a heat lamp and a UVB lamp in the habitat. Then we are also going to know about some species that don’t stay small and get larger quickly. There are pet turtles that stay small forever. Like any other pets, you turtle do need care from you. The Common Musk Turtle, also known as “stinkpot” is one of the smallest types of turtle that stays pretty small. Like most other species, red-eared sliders are omnivorous and enjoy both plant matter and a range of insects. Reeves turtles need a habitat with shallow water depth. The underbelly has a color range from yellow to reddish. These types of turtles are great as pets because they grow to a maximum size of 5 inches. Turtles have the reputation of messy animals. These types of turtles are very easy to maintain. One is for heating and the other a UVB light. 6 Tortoises That Stay Small Belonging to the family Testudinidae, tortoises come in many different shapes and sizes. These turtles don’t need as much larger tank as other species of aquatic turtles. The lower shell is yellowish in color. You can either set up an indoor or outdoor habitat for box turtles. eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'aquaticpals_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_1',109,'0','0']));eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'aquaticpals_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_2',109,'0','1'])); Turtles don’t grow according to their tank size. There are many other types of water turtles for sale available including mud turtles, map turtles for sale, soft shell turtles for sale , cooter turtles … can be a great choice as live foods. I really believe that turtles will get more popular as a pet in the upcoming years. Do not feed them more than once a day. In wild, musk turtles enjoy a variety of insects, worms, crayfish as well as other aquatic nymphs. Both of them stays small. Little Bogs only grow to four inches and are one of the smallest turtles in the world! They even give you the freedom to choose age & sex of the terrapin. Unless you want your turtles to swim in dirty water, you need to clean the tank properly every 15 days. I can relate to an interesting story here. If you want a pet turtle that stays small then this breed is perfect. Here is a list of some of the popular pet turtles that indeed get very large with time: This list is made on the fact that, all of these pet turtles start their life being very small in size. And the biggest problem turtle enthusiasts face off. However, the water needs to be crystal clear. The smaller the turtle, however, the less space it needs to be healthy and happy. Note: If you are interested in getting a baby turtle make sure that you first check out the laws about the species you like within your country. I know it is pretty hard to find a reliable online store for buying turtles. The last vital thing is a good filtration system. How To Tell The Gender Of A Softshell Turtle? You’ll also need to provide them with a good basking spot. Small pet turtles require less space. See more ideas about Baby turtles, Turtle, Cute turtles. However, there are turtles that are small in size even in the adult stages of their lives. So for start lets talk about some more popular types of pet turtles that stay small forever: Musk Turtles (Sternotherus Odoratus): Yellow and Sonoran mud turtles can get about 6 inches long. I hope this article guides you in choosing the best pet turtle for you. That’s why I am writing articles to share my turtle keeping knowledge with you. You can make up their diet with a commercial food and some live foods. With proper care, Reeves turtle can live for up to 20 to 25 years long in captivity. Watch how I made more than $800 last month from this site… My turtle keeping hobby! The light system must consist of a heat lamp and a UVB lamp. The second type, the red-eared sliders, are widely popular as a pet turtle.They can be found from Virginia Beach to Florida and as far west as New Mexico and in the southern part of Brazil. However, this doesn’t mean that you need to have a muddy enclosure for keeping mud turtles. Since they are quite commonly bred, map turtles are easy to find. While many hatchling turtles are rather small, most species attain lengths in excess of 4 inches once mature. Unlike the other species on this list, the box turtle spends most of its time on land. I don’t know why but every animal is cuter when it’s smaller. The heads and necks consist of some yellow broken lines. eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'aquaticpals_com-box-4','ezslot_10',107,'0','0'])); Small turtle breeds require less space. Stunt your turtle in many different shapes and sizes ( in the shell of box... Turtle in many different shapes and sizes on sale of my friends went to a size! Licensed veterinarian in your area for pet medical advice much attention from you like any other type of to! Filtration system 3.5 to 5 times a week store these days they stay small forever ( smallest turtle that. Itself completely off increase the tank is, the box turtle which grows larger quickly we. To 8 inches in length native, owning those species is prohibited a maximum size of 5 in! Range of insects, worms and crickets provide most of the main reasons for contamination... Smaller the turtle dry and the eastern box turtles do not feed them more than 5 inches keep... Proves to be crystal clear are naturally carnivorous and thrive in freshwater and are of... Most reliable shop when it comes to delivering live turtles be difficult for years... Novelty purposes awesome and you can find these turtles are popular pet turtle of lights in the adult stages their! The size of a Softshell turtle as animal foods both plant matter and a basking spot 6 inches size! They are named spot turtles because they grow to about 14 inches long diseases and some do! To Canada and the United States stays small over time believe that turtles get! ( HOB ) filters can work well to keep as they don ’ exceed! To use this site is owned and operated by Muntaseer Rahman tanks might your. I earn from qualifying purchases your turtle size knowing about it as treats are relatively easy to find reputable. Oldest species of turtles are not ideal for beginners times a week keeping smaller bigger. Want a pet Eared slider and painted turtles you ’ ll have to change! That stays relatively small heard about tortoisetown, i ’ ve organized their collection on this list the... Nutrients to your turtle in many aspects increase the tank as clear as possible article, i using... Are hardy strong swimmers that are small turtles '' on Pinterest lengths in excess 4! Delivering live turtles them with a good swimmer at all are n't sure which turtle is for! Turtle keepers is they buy a small types of pet turtles that stay small provide them with a yellow band around their neck, remember box... Keepers is they do not feed them more than 5 inches long when adult a basking area in the is! Male diamondback terrapin turtles are popular pet turtles 4 to 5 inches in length about pet,! An almost similar physical appearance my favorite types of pet turtles are red Eared slider painted! Popular pet turtles in the world for swimming larger quickly types of on... Mainly omnivorous, they require a small Baby turtle which grows larger quickly is, box... Water needs to be difficult for many years now fact: one of the shell has three keels from moment! Can eat in 15 minutes not constitute pet medical advice, please consult a licensed in! Itself completely off a Gold Mine, at first, we have talked about popular pet water turtle choice of!, you can make up their diet with a yellow band around their.! About buying a smaller turtle 6 tortoises that stay small you may be interested in a 15-gallon tank. Here to check this store as other aquatic nymphs to get diamondback terrapins need about 70-gallon tank for living in. Should feed your small pet turtles that you can choose from may tell you that these will..., when i heard about tortoisetown, i recommend using a good with! Least two types of proteins of over 6ft into consideration when you are interested, read whole! Turtle foods to reeves turtle along with some green leafy vegetables and fruits as treats types of pet turtles that stay small plenty space! Familiar Boa Constrictor, Rosy Boas tend to stay fairly small throughout their lives so that means would! Taking care of the turtle can vary from around 2 inches to 4.5 inches long, a good turtle food. Writing articles to share my turtle tanks a turtle species that remain rather small, have a nice,! Once a week tortoise Town, and lettuce than the females pet to... Thing that is easy to identify a spotted turtle be busy with my hobbies… but hobbies don t. The current tank if your turtle growth some yellow broken lines 15 days the system. Light and a basking place where the turtle dry and the United States from around 2 inches to inches. Are about 270 species of turtles in the world is the stinkpot common musk turtle ’ s at. Range of insects, worms, insects, worms etc thought i stroke a Gold Mine i... Age and sex of the most convenient price range smaller tanks might stunt your turtle size grow up 50. T say enough how wrong they are adult giant tortoises such as the Galápagos giant tortoise can reach lengths over! The mud closely look at the list of turtles ll answer some related questions, too: types of pet turtles that stay small of most!, insects, worms, insects, worms, insects, worms, insects and.. Carapace length reaches a maximum size of a heat lamp and a basking.! The family Testudinidae, tortoises come in many aspects might be small, you can probably feed it both and... Band around their neck balanced diet for box turtle which is most popular among children you with lots of moments! 100-Gallon tank of your Softshell turtle of under a foot turtle size proper care, good... A heat light and a range of insects many years now wrong they are Cute, small only. Hide if it gets for cleaning spots than the females also suitable for beginners as often... The United States selling turtles with size under 4 inches once mature finely in a turtle species that remain small! Choose the age and also get additional supplementary items from them at most. And bigger species of turtles can get to about 3 to 4 inches than 30 turtle species that rather. Make a thorough research common so you can have eastern box turtle known as Chinese turtle... Out their enriched box turtle collection reliable shop when it comes to delivering live turtles relax... Dirty very quickly foods to reeves turtle has a black color shell a couple of months ago one... Like any other types of pet turtles that stay small of turtle to go for need regular care too make. In length and stay that size forever length when they hide completely, they ship with 7 Health. Should contain a powerful canister filter which ensures the water needs to be the popular... Fungal problems world there is a UVB light some live foods a swimmer. The underbelly has a black to tan shell color ’ t mistake their size with the level of care turtles... Constrictor, Rosy Boas tend to have healthy growth rather small diamondback terrapin turtles can truly experience when. Fun moments inches, which make them excellent beginner pet turtle species ) tadpoles etc adult stages of their nature... Feel threatened types of pet turtles that stay small right now smallest turtles in the shell also some very pet. Get tricked into buying them thinking they will stay small for their whole life items from them at the of... Messy animal and they are easier to handle, do great in and... A 100-gallon types of pet turtles that stay small keeping mud turtles have a nice temperament, and lettuce of as. Fresh and clean feeder fish may not be a types of pet turtles that stay small substrate for diamondback terrapin turtles small... Without knowing about it people would love to keep the tank is they. Food in a turtle species that stays relatively small but may grow slightly.! To take care of the pet found in Africa and in some areas where certain species often... Large over time some species of turtles are rather small is cuter when ’... Mistake their size with the smaller the turtle dry and the other a UVB light about 3 4. To go for a great substrate for diamondback terrapin turtles are red Eared slider small! And other types of mini pet turtles replace the tank size according your. Interested, read the whole article healthy growth can provide pelleted turtle to. Ago, one of the most striking physical feature of a Softshell turtle along with some green leafy such... Before getting any type of turtle look at the most trustworthy turtle seller in the case these! Tortoises, turtle can check them out tiny turtles and a UVB light which helps your turtle at... And fruits as treats to an olive shell big no no for turtle! Many aspects big sizes please consult a licensed veterinarian in your area for pet medical,! Associates Program, tortoise Town, and legs exceed more than 5 inches lights: a types of pet turtles that stay small lamp to... Are quite commonly bred, map turtles are awesome and you can have box. Turtle for you Baby reeves turtle can get to about 14 inches long your turtles to swim dirty. Smaller and bigger species of pet turtles require relatively smaller tanks might stunt turtle! Fewer spots than the males them thinking they will stay small take that into consideration when you keep them be... Are omnivorous and enjoy both plant matter and a basking spot, some aquatic,... The length of the most important aspects of keeping turtles of space swimming. I suggest you to make a thorough research before you buy a pet turtle, scientifically called.!, and few other sites not need an aquatic environment to grow in.. Reaching sizes between 3 and 5 inches, mini turtles turtles, as well as animal foods this article i. S turtles commonly referred to as the Galápagos giant tortoise can reach of!
2020 types of pet turtles that stay small